Cheap, giggable bass amp?

p0lymath

• Members

A PA would be a good investment for me too. :lol:

Any recommendations there? I tend to play with friends more so than serious musicians who want to gig, so I tend to collect stuff that everyone can use to play with me. (ie mics through guitar amps with.tricks to reduce feedback, ghetto stuff)

• Members

A PA would be a good investment for me too.
:lol:

Any recommendations there? I tend to play with friends more so than serious musicians who want to gig, so I tend to collect stuff that everyone can use to play with me. (ie mics through guitar amps with.tricks to reduce feedback, ghetto stuff)

You sound just like me. In my band, I own the guitar rig, the drums and the PA. :lol:

For that budget, it'd be hard to get a PA rig that will satisfy your needs. If you want to run drums or bass through PA you have to have a sub, and a decent sub doesn't run cheap.

WSTD has it right on with the GK stuff.

• Members

You sound just like me. In my band, I own the guitar rig, the drums and the PA.
:lol:

For that budget, it'd be hard to get a PA rig that will satisfy your needs. If you want to run drums or bass through PA you have to have a sub, and a decent sub doesn't run cheap.

WSTD has it right on with the GK stuff.

Hahaha yeah, that's me alright! :lol: I'd have a separate PA budget, and by that I mean I wouldn't buy a bass amp but just put the money toward a PA. I don't know {censored} about PAs, I could probably spend around $600 used on one to use for vocals/bass during practices. Any shows I play are going to be in houses or hella small clubs, like small enough the drums probably won't need micing. Any clubs will probably have their own PA, so I'm more interested in finding something to use for practice/house shows to amplify/mix vocals and bass mostly.

Also I haven't ruled out just getting a bass amp, so these other suggestions are greatly appreciated! I'm perusing my local CL for GK, old Peavey, and Acoustic stuff as we speak.

• Members

Tough choice then, cause you know for like $30 you can get a DI box from audiopile.net then just worry about building a PA.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/2915141864.html

^low ball that mother {censored}er (or someone like him in your area) and you're set. Won't be amazing sound, but will be enough to get by for practices.

edit: i don't actually know that this guy {censored}s mothers.

double edit: was your total budget 300 for bass and 600 for PA for a total of 900?

• Members

Tough choice then, cause you know for like $30 you can get a DI box from audiopile.net then just worry about building a PA.

^low ball that mother {censored}er (or someone like him in your area) and you're set. Won't be amazing sound, but will be enough to get by for practices.

edit: i don't actually know that this guy {censored}s mothers.

double edit: was your total budget 300 for bass and 600 for PA for a total of 900?

Total is $600 for anything.

• 1 month later...

Archived