Effects guys: anything out there similar to an old Banzai Fireball II?

draelyc

• Members

Used to have one, wasn't using much, sold it thinking I didn't need it, & now I wish I had it back. But they're hard to find, & the new iteration (III) is different from the one I had (II), so I'm wondering if A) anybody remembers these pedals, and B) there's anything currently available that's in the same ballpark. Would be using for boosting a dirty amp, rather than as a stand-alone dist.

Maybe a Fulldrive? :idk: What else wouldja look at?

Thanks!

• Members

Fulltone Fulldrive II with the comp switch is the closest
actually, the Banzai Fireball II came before the Fulltone
I'm still using the Fireball II, it has a bit more boost and a bit more compression as compered to a Fulldrive

• Members
Fulltone Fulldrive II with the comp switch is the closest

actually, the Banzai Fireball II came before the Fulltone

I'm still using the Fireball II, it has a bit more boost and a bit more compression as compered to a Fulldrive

I think I remember talking to you before I got mine (this is a while back, so I could be mistaken)! :)

Don't suppose yer wantin' to sell? :p

• Members

I think I remember talking to you before I got mine (this is a while back, so I could be mistaken)!
:)

Don't suppose yer wantin' to sell?
:p

no sir, I'm keeping my 3 Banzai pedals, Fireball, Cold Fusion and New Rising Sun together

still running a Fender Twin and the Banzais are a perfect match

was talking to Olaf Nobis last week at the Messe, he's not releasing anything new and he's not really producing a lot of these any longer

he's more focused on selling parts, casings, components ...

he also said that there will be no new Banzai pedal in the future (there was a rumour he was working on a delay pedal)

anyway, you sometimes see the Fireball on evilbay, but it's easier to find a used Fulldrive2 on the cheapz

Archived