video: reverse reverb prototype

eti

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, guys!

I'm gettin a lot of reverse-volume there, but reverb?

I only heard the init and end , but not much echoey goodness.

plz tell me I missed the 'verb parts

Sounds like you want reverse reverb plus regular reverb?

In reverse mode, it does the reverse reverb thing only, or you can mix it with the dry signal. I guess you'd need another reverb. :confused:

• Members

That's because he has the mix maxed for most of it you dumpasses.

some reverbs with reverse can be 100% wet and have a decay that accompanies the swell...thus producing a reverb effect..?? EHX Cathedral does that.

• Members

tell me it knows exactly what you are going to play before you play it

This sounds exactly like you took a tape of your playing, ran it backwards, run that backwards signal through a reverb, and then ran a tape of that backwards again so that *only the reverb is reversed* and the normal signal is delayed, not reversed, because it's impossible for it to know what you are going to play before you play it.

• Members

Thanks, guys!

Sounds like you want reverse reverb plus regular reverb?

In reverse mode, it does the reverse reverb thing only, or you can mix it with the dry signal. I guess you'd need another reverb.
:confused:

huh....maybe I do? I dunno.

I'm trying to think how I'd use it in a song/mix, and perhaps I'm "headhearing" a more post-production sound....the one I hear in my head has a touch reverb throughout the on-gated timeline...just at the point where the reversed reverb would 'decay' towards the dry note, I hear a touch of the reverb trailing off under the dry....my mind doesn't want to hear any 60's/Monkees-play-eveything-in-reverse comedy tones. But you are right, it would require a separate decay-path and prossibly a second chip...since I dont know what they are using (PT2399?) I cannot blue-sky a schematic for you.

Archived