Maxon OD808 or MXR M77 Custom Modified Badass Overdrive

yell03

• Members

kinda tempted to give the badass distortion a shot. I don't always like to run my amp at 10 with the overdrive in front... I wouldn't mind having some high gain stupidity at slightly less than full tilt volume...

I think ill just grab another SCOD though. that thing is a box of stupid high gain. tons of fun.

• Members

kinda tempted to give the badass distortion a shot. I don't always like to run my amp at 10 with the overdrive in front... I wouldn't mind having some high gain stupidity at slightly less than full tilt volume...

I think ill just grab another SCOD though. that thing is a box of stupid high gain. tons of fun.

The M78 Distortion is love at first sight.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have been using the OD808 for maybe 9 years now. I really like it. I was using a reissue TS-9 before I got it.

I'm not the corksniffing type but I bought the Maxon comp to replace my broken old Boss 3 knob one and I liked the smaller size so I figured I would try the 808. It was a lot cheaper then, I still can't believe they're over $100, but I digress.... When I put it next to the TS-9 it was a little more detailed and had a tighter low end and a cleaner over all sound.

I use it with a pedal called Klon that was like $240 back in the 90s. Together it's a great sound. On its own it is a nice mellow tube style overdrive. YMMV.

Archived