What's this Way Huge Green Rhino thingamagij about?

gambit

• Members

tubescreamer with 100hz cut/boost and 'curve' knob.. looks pretty good.

would it replace a tubescreamer easily? it doesn't seem to go as low-gain as the TS-9 from video's i've seen so far.. (strats overdriving it at 1/4 gain settings) and i have pretty high output pickups..

GreenRhinoOverdrive-11.png

• Members

the pork loin has me interested too.. tone control rolls off highs, clean blend, curve.. but is the clean signal the actual clean signal, or is it it boosted like how the sparkle drive messes with your clean signal?

• Members

the pork loin has me interested too.. tone control rolls off highs, clean blend, curve..but is the clean signal the actual clean signal, or is it it boosted like how the sparkle drive messes with your clean signal?

This video explains the controls really well. I love my PL and the clean blend is a huge factor in why I like it. The pedal does affect the clean tone through the clean blend but to my ears it does so really well.

[video=youtube;fM8fL6idgWw]

• Members

i guess i'm the only one who thinks this is not really a ts clone. i got one and i love it because it does not sound tube screamerish. it seems like to me that way huge dirt pedals have a different gain band then other dirt pedals. i don't know how to describe it. more 'open' . i mean when i go from 0 to 10 on the gain on a green rhino, its gain comes out in a completely different way than a tubescreamer.

i still use the angry troll more.

• Members

Played a Pork Loin the other day (into a Valveking halfstack, darn store display) and I was surprised that I didn't really dig it. I think I needed to spend some more time with it and play it with my stuff.

Green Rhino is my rare GAS these days. There's one on CL that I want to take a shot with but I just shouldn't spend the money. :(

• Members

I use the Green Rhino for bass overdrive mostly. Drive pretty low, tone at noon, curve at noon, with a little bump at The 100hz for some thick lows. Gives a nice growl on slides, like the intro bass slide of "Tired of Sex" from weezer. It's pretty much an always-on for me, though some slower songs I'll shut it off.

My only complaint is you can see the LED light from space. Don't know why every company does that now.

The pork loin is cool too, but lower gain. I see the selling point of that one being the clean blend. Since I've already got an FX loop with a blend I tilted more towards the Rhino.

Archived