Boss RC-2 problem! need your help guys!

• Members

have you tried doing a hard reset

I think hard reset is while simultaneously holding down the "PLAY MODE" and "LOOP SYNC" buttons, turn the power on.

You'll loose your stored loops of course, if you're not comfy with that, try backing-up your llops on your computer first

alternatively, you could erase all your phrases one by one and see if the blinking stops

not sure if any of this will solve your problem

• Members

yo thanks bieke for the reply!

although im not sure with the "PLAY MODE" and "LOOP SYNC" buttons you have said above...i don't think this model Boss RC-2 have those? the only button the pedal has is the tap tempo button =)

if ever anyone knows how to do a hard reset, please teach! i dont mind if i lose the save loops, i got this rc-2 in this condition and just want to revive it =)

thanks! HELP!!!

• Members

@macadood

thanks for the reply! i actually have tried plugging in a cable, a guitar on the input and still the led flashes like that. Im gonna try to test it again with a proper power supply and stuff. Previous owner (*my dad actually haha) said no guitar sound was coming out when plugged in.

He told me it was working fine for years, then one day (last month or so) it just stopped functioning and been doing this flashing led thing...He takes good care of his gear and as you can see on the vid the pedal still looks brand new! (no scratches or anything, never been opened or modified, pretty rare for a BOSS pedal to be malfunctioning without traces of mods or wear and tear right?) He didnt bother to have it repaired and just gave it to me told me: maybe you can make it work and it's yours now. (He bought the Digitech Jamman Stereo hahaha)

___

@LikesLoomis

:love: unfortunately, not an option right now.

• Members

aw yes, RC-2 has no hard reset option

I was guessing that the RC-2 ran out of memory

so you could try to delete all the stored phrases

turn the MODE knob to DELETE and press the TAP TEMPO/SELECT/ENTER button once

Archived