your dream amp(s)

ArrMatey

• Members

What is(are) your dream amp(s)? The ones you don't have and you wish you did or the ones you already have and your tone quest is complete!

I know It's been done and done but I just feel like we all need an update.

I'll start with these two beauties:

deluxe_brown.jpg Amp*ares link removed by Phil 10-3-12

VT-22.jpg

Special Marshall honorable mention (a classic)

2203-pic80.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What is(are) your dream amp(s)? The ones you don't have and you wish you did or the ones you already have and your tone quest is complete!

I know It's been done and done but I just feel like we all need an update.

I'll start with these two beauties:

VT-22.jpg

I have on of these, great amp, weighs more than some people....

My dream amp would have to be

hiwatt_custom_50.jpg

• Members

Hard to say, really...

For my main sound, I like EL84s. I'm happy with my little Peavey Royal 8, even if it isn't the best amp in the world. Voicing-wise, I love the VOX sound, but I'm not sure that one would singularly fit my needs.

I plan to get myself a Laney Lionheart when funds allow. I think the Dr. Z Maz 8 or 18 (too powerful for my current needs) would suit me. Same with the Tiny Terror HW, though it doesn't have an effects loop and ideally I do need one.

With the above said though, if I saw one of these going at a decent price, I'd have to buy it if I could. What I've heard has been tremendous. :love:

blueangel.jpg

If I were going for a complete custom build, I think I'd need to go for a 3 channel 30w class A EL84/6V6 amp: Essentially a single channel for most things, aided by guitar controls and pedals, with the addition of a Deluxe-ish clean channel and a high(ish) gain lead channel. Add channel-assignable power scaling, defeatable master volume, nice spring reverb and good independent EQ controls and you have an amp I could use for everything.

• Members

I'd like a Bassman, a JCM 800, and an AC30 in that order. Nothing too fancy, but I figure those would cover all the ground I could ever want. That said, I wouldn't mind owning a Hiwatt or a Tweed Deluxe. A Model T would be awesome, but I don't think I'd ever pay the inflated prices for one. A Solarus perhaps...

Archived