ehhhhhh?

Faldoe

• Members

i remember in grade school back in the 80's teachers were telling us that calculators would make us dumb and too reliant on them for basic everyday math.

then cellphones come around and you dont gotta remember anyones number anymore.

then GPS comes around and people dont know how to drive two towns over without one.

now this craziness. {censored}ing sunglasses telling you that you got a date tonight...haha. The bluetooth in the ear bothers the {censored} out of me, I cant imagine seeing everyone wearing the smartypants glasses. I guess thats progress.

• Members

Looks pretty annoying. Anything you look at prompts a relavent pop-up. They annoy the {censored} out of me on a computer screen so I can't imagine a constant reallife realtime blitz of them to be any less aggravating.

+ they'll just become another avenue for spammers/marketers/creeps to bombard you with more {censored} you don't need to pile on the unbearability.

• Members

i remember in grade school back in the 80's teachers were telling us that calculators would make us dumb and too reliant on them for basic everyday math.

then cellphones come around and you dont gotta remember anyones number anymore.

then GPS comes around and people dont know how to drive two towns over without one.

now this craziness. {censored}ing sunglasses telling you that you got a date tonight...haha. The bluetooth in the ear bothers the {censored} out of me, I cant imagine seeing everyone wearing the smartypants glasses. I guess thats progress.

totally. My boss is like in his late 50s/60s and doesn't have a cell phone - remembers all the numbers his has to.

• Members

the singularity...boys...its a coming

i think this is cool, BUT....its the same reason I still use a old folder cell. its enough for me. I dont want or need to know everything all the time, although

some people dig that, for me, I have my lappie and I can see the internet, etc. BUT I dont need to be connected all the time, and I like to guess.

my pal loves his iphone and he was trying to show me about the bus app to show when it is coming. OR I said, we can just sit down and talk until it comes....

• Members

My 10 year old self thinks this is freaking neat... My 27 year old self thinks this is freaking neat. I'm a dork. I used to dream about a hand held device that had a keyboard, color display, and all sorts of fancy little {censored}s on it... Then the Ipod touch came out years later. I used to dream about this thing too. Saweeet. I don't know how the hell I'd use it though.

• Members

totally. My boss is like in his late 50s/60s and doesn't have a cell phone - remembers all the numbers his has to.

Its funny that you mention this because I'm 30 and have never owned a cellphone...haha. I remember everyones phone number.

• Members

^Yeah I agree. At the same time though, I'm an engineering apprentice. I like technology, I like advancement...As long as it doesnt make you STUPID at the same time. The electrical gadget attachment is a step forward and a step back.

I'm all for technology when it doesn't have built in DEVOLUTION.

• Members

My 10 year old self thinks this is freaking neat... My 27 year old self thinks this is freaking neat. I'm a dork. I used to dream about a hand held device that had a keyboard, color display, and all sorts of fancy little {censored}s on it... Then the Ipod touch came out years later. I used to dream about this thing too. Saweeet. I don't know how the hell I'd use it though.

I dreamed of flying cars, but all I got was a smaller computer.

Archived