Expressionator; anyone seen this?

Faldoe

• Members

Seems like a great idea. I might get an Iron Ether Xenograph and if I do, I'd be using an exp pedal to control the filter cutoff. I already use a Roland EV-5 for my pitch factor and it would be nice not to have to get another exp. pedal

[video=youtube;tFHD4hs-FS4]

• Members

I have always wondered why guitarists have no real access to global modulation sources the way modular synth guys do. The 4ms guys get close-ish with their dual and triple LFO pedals and Copilot has that cool expression replacement LFO box but where is the mother brain?

Wouldn't it be great to have a central LFO box with multiple oscillators and routings and syncs that fed signal to static pedals traditionally controlled by LFO? Modulation is my favorite {censored} and having the ability to tap or one-knob a tempo that ran the phaser at say whole notes with the trem sync'd at a subdivision would {censored}ing rule. What if your delay could sync delay time to the mother LFO in addition to whatever modulation [or fuzz!] you threw in the repeat path?

Sorry for the rambling hijack. From the looks of the video we'll get there someday. Good stuff!

• Members

you threw in the repeat path?

Sorry for the rambling hijack. From the looks of the video we'll get there someday. Good stuff!

I think we are heading in that direction.

ryan from Dr.Scientist was bouncing this idea around - IIRC he was looking into it with the dude from Iron Ether.

I know some people use the CV out from their goatkeeper to control the expression in on other pedals

having to use the same LFO shape on multiple pedals might not be so ideal...

I personally use an aux switch to sync the tap on multiple eventide pedals. everything is in sync all the time.

• Members

I think we are heading in that direction.

ryan from Dr.Scientist was bouncing this idea around - IIRC he was looking into it with the dude from Iron Ether.

I know some people use the CV out from their goatkeeper to control the expression in on other pedals

Think Ryan was working/discussing with Austin Lightfoot (of Goatkeeper fame) to develop that thing. Either way, it would be an excellent option!

• Members

Then check out the Moog MP201....now discontinued, but you can easily find a used one....but it'll be more expensive than that box in the OP

Yeah. . . but it's programmable & so much more powerful.

& really, people will spend hundreds of dollars on new effects but aren't willing to spend a bit on something that will unlock new effects from every single expression & midi operated pedal they have

Archived