Anyone else take notice of the new mini pedals by Mooer?

Aaron SS

• Members

Where did I read that the shimverb pedal had a terrible volume drop, or something like that?

TGP but that was posted around January I believe and the OP also mentioned Mooer was already working on it.

Xray - I think the person on TGP had too high of expectations for a pedal at this price point. When I buy an $80 pedal I expect just that, not some sort of cheap alternative to a Strymon Blue Sky's Shimmer.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TGP but that was posted around January I believe and the OP also mentioned Mooer was already working on it.

Xray - I think the person on TGP had too high of expectations for a pedal at this price point. When I buy an $80 pedal I expect just that, not
some sort of cheap alternative to a Strymon Blue Sky's Shimmer

I dunno, that's the first thing that popped into my head listening to that demo. For 80$ it's as close as I would expect or could ask for, and it doesnt require absurd Ma's of power, or take up an unusual amount pedal board real estate like the BSR. If there's no volume drop and the tone control works half way decently I will be all over one of these.

• Members

Hey guys just found this site, pitch box isnt on it but shimverb is. and they take paypal, i found this site from a thread on the tele forums and a guy said hes ordered a few joyo pedals from them and they are a trusted site.

http://dropdmusic.weebly.com/mooer.html

and on the scrolling thing it says "Get a big discount if you are buying more than one Mooer Pedals. IM / email us before checking out."

i wonder how big this "big" discount is

• Members

Hey guys just found this site, pitch box isnt on it but shimverb is. and they take paypal, i found this site from a thread on the tele forums and a guy said hes ordered a few joyo pedals from them and they are a trusted site.

and on the scrolling thing it says "Get a big discount if you are buying more than one Mooer Pedals. IM / email us before checking out."

i wonder how big this "big" discount is

I'm guessing the discount is the shipping costs.

• Members

Shimmer in a size that small? If it doesn't sound like poop I could scooch a few pedals closer together to fit this in. On a sidenote, it'd be great if they had a miniverb that only had the "weird" reverbs on there. Like, Gate, Reverse, Shimmer, and that's it. Who needs regular sounding reverb anyways? that already happens in real life.

• Members

very cool aaron :thu:

i remember being intrigued by a few of the mooer pedals before much info was out about them at all. glad they turned out pretty well.

how much do they run for?

EDIT: 88 bucks :rolleyes: a little too rich for my pocket for what it is...i'll wait to hear more reviews, buy them on the flips

• Members

very cool aaron
:thu:

i remember being intrigued by a few of the mooer pedals before much info was out about them at all. glad they turned out pretty well.

how much do they run for?

EDIT: 88 bucks
:rolleyes:
a little too rich for my pocket for what it is...i'll wait to hear more reviews, buy them on the flips

Direct they are $60 a piece + shipping (semi pricey shipping)

Archived