I did it, I pulled the trigger

Naterel

• Members

of course. i love reverb. i'm gonna swap my FRV-1, which i like, for one too, once i get the chance.

I have a love hate relationship with reverb

Sometimes I think it muddies up too much, but then sometimes I love that sludgy aspect of it

Thats why im always wary when it comes to shoegaze, sure it sounds cool but I dont think Id want every song of mine to sound like a mudslide

• Members

Thats why im always wary when it comes to shoegaze, sure it sounds cool but I dont think Id want every song of mine to sound like a mudslide

depends on the sound you're going for. i could see that happening.

on my main stuff i never turn reverb off, but i don't think it sounds muddy, it gives me the space, full tone and the type of sustain i need. but then again, i'm going for something that sounds like you're walking through the desert and other big big sounds like that, so there's that. i realize people here hate players that never turn off the reverb, but i honestly don't have a {censored} to give.

this Subdecay is gonna be my last shot on reverb pedals. if i'm not totally happy with it i'm going with a spring unit. tell me what you think of it once you're over the honeymoon period.

• Members
Spring == Shoegaze. IMHO of course. The room would probably work well but I think you'll be disappointed if you want spring reverb for shoegaze unless you're going for that Raveonettes/Ride kind of vibe.

:cool:

• Members

What shoegazers used spring reverb? Swervedriver was mostly plate, MBV gated or reverse, Slowdive that soft focus patch which is like a big hall reverb with a "symphonic" effect tied in, the rest seemed to be using big digital rack effects that had little to do with spring emulations.

• Members

What shoegazers used spring reverb? Swervedriver was mostly plate, MBV gated or reverse, Slowdive that soft focus patch which is like a big hall reverb with a "symphonic" effect tied in, the rest seemed to be using big digital rack effects that had little to do with spring emulations.

Truth.

Lucky for him the Spring Theory has the room setting that can be tweaked to resemble an infinite droning hall. Get your "gaze" on, sorta....

• Members

Yeah, this is something that has always confused me as well. I remember the Spring Chicken being touted as the shoegaze reverb when it came out, and while you could certainly play shoegaze through it and sound pretty cool I don't think the sound really resembles the classic sounds.

Edit: Without going Strymon or Eventide, I'd say the Wet is probably the best modern/boutique reverb for that sort of thing.

Archived