Another M9 Thread

Zephyrside

• Members

I ended up ditching my M9 in favor of the Zoom G3. It does what I want, and has amp models as well as effects so it was more useful for recording than the M9 was in my setup. It was also like half the price.

The M9 is still awesome though. It's a great unit. I miss mine every now and again. It has some really killer effects, but nothing I would use consistently enough for me to be able to justify keeping it around.

• Members

Thanks guy, was set on getting an expression pedal too! How's the tuner on it? Good enough to gig with or should I keep TU2?

I liked it okay. The click two-switches-at-once thing to turn it on and off was a bit annoying but the tuner itself was fine.

• Members

the rotary blows so bad it's not even worth including IMO

seriously

bad

nah man. i like it. put a nice octave up in front of it at about 40% mix and you got an instant organ like billy corgan.

did you try running it stereo?

the tuner is fine, i really only use it when i just take hte m9 to a friends place to jam as my whole pedalboard, but on my main board i still got a pitchblack. i'd recommend keeping the TU-2, but the tuner works fine, just kind of hard to see on the little LCD screen

• Members

one thing that peeved me with the M9 was the tap two switches thing, where if you have big feet or were clumsy in the moment you could end up in the tuner at the wrong moment on stage effectively cutting off your signal or enter into the set-up mode which you can't activate other effects until you're out. Other than that it was pretty solid, a little uninspiring for me but a good tool.

• Members

if you have big feet or were clumsy in the moment you could end up in the tuner at the wrong moment on stage effectively cutting off your signal or enter into the set-up mode which you can't activate other effects until you're out. .

this is what I dislike about the m9

big feet crew represent

I like the M9 quite a bit. There are better rotary sims out there, but I always thought theirs was one of the better low-cost options out there - but you have to run it in stereo to get the full effect. The compressors in it aren't bad - I like the sim of the Boss CS-1 quite a bit, but that's a pretty over the top compressor. The verbs are one of its strong suits. There are a good variety of reverbs, and they all sound fairly good to outright excellent coming from a box at this price point.

• Members

M9 is an awesome pedal. I'll be keeping mine around until it dies. +1 on getting an expression, definitely opens it up alot. I've had mine for a while now and seem to have a new set of favourite effects everytime one of these threads comes up. At the moment, I'm loving the Fuzz Face, Tape Echo Dry Thru, Pitch Vibrato, and Tube Drive. :love:

The looper is the big advantage it has over the G3, as well. That thing has come in handy so many times, its made it pretty much the most essential part of the pedal for me. And fwiw, the tuner is more than adequate.

Archived