Remember the ol' Banzai Fireball? CLIPS!

draelyc

• Members

I owned the Fireball II for a few years but ended up selling it last year, thinking I just wasn't gonna need/use ut any more. Welp, sure enough, I made some changes to my board & wound up thinking "damn, I wish I still had that pedal"... first time that's ever happened around here, ya? :p

Since it was out of production & fairly rare, I figured I was SOL, but I managed to find one on the 'bay... Turned out to be the exact pedal I sold last year! :facepalm::lol:

So... here are two demos of the Banzai Fireball 2 od pedal I just re-bought ~ still can't get over how much better this pedal sounds than I remember from owning it before.

Anway, first demoing the pedal as a boost:

[video=youtube;yd2lg97n37I]

And then as an overdrive and as a distortion (into a clean amp):

[video=youtube;VgckxW4jJAY]

Let me know what y'all think, 'k? :)

• Members

The boost function in the FB3 increases output/volume instead of gain, which is a change from the FB2. :idk:

What do y'all think of the tones? I suck at mic placement, so there's unfortunately some fizziness in the clips that wasn't there in the room, but other than that, watchoo think?

• Members

I had a used FBIII and it was a great pedal. Loved the tone, but it was just too much for me, I couldn't get it "clean enough" for me. I think I would have been better with a COLD FUSION. What I liked was it has that kind of warm "hi-fi" sheen like Cornish pedals do.

• Members
I had a used FBIII and it was a great pedal. Loved the tone, but it was just too much for me, I couldn't get it "clean enough" for me. I think I would have been better with a COLD FUSION. What I liked was it has that kind of warm "hi-fi" sheen like Cornish pedals do.

When I went to do these clips, I found that my FBII has more gain than it seems to at first ~ perhaps because of that hi-fi-ishness you were picking up? :idk: The voicing is different, but on the max-compression mode with the boost channel on, the gain was on par with my Suhr Riot. :o

• Members

yeah, I always thought the Fireball starts where the Cold Fusion stops, there's a bit of overlap between both

Archived