NPD (Pedal overhauling within)

Aaron SS

• Members

I'm really not sure how I forgot that I had a bunch of pedals coming but I was met by the mailman with the following :

IMGP7185.jpg

IMGP7181.jpg

IMGP7172.jpg

IMGP7174.jpg

IMGP7170.jpg

I'll start out with the Goodrich because my thoughts on it are short and sweet....great volume pedal with a really nice build but the price is a bit much if you plan on buying it new IMO. I got it in trade so obviously that's not a factor but I'm just throwing it out there. Seriously though, it's built like a tank.

The next batch of pedals and reason I added pedal overhauling to the title was that the Muff, SD-1, and Crybaby were sent to me by another forum member in trade for modding the Juggernaut (Juggernaut's not mine). They were all nonworking pedals as a result of some modding gone bad (anyone whose modded has been there....I myself had quite a few :facepalm: pedals when I started out - it happens). I knew with a bit of soldering and a couple new components I could have these back to original or better condition.

At first glance the muff was missing all of its diodes, had R12 and R16 jumped for the high gain mod, and was missing the input cap. I replaced all of those back to stock (subbed 1n914's for the stock diodes), put in a new battery snap, and added a standard DC Jack and I've got a nice new NYC Big Muff

IMGP7199.jpg

Next up was the Crybaby (wanted to get the easy ones out of the way first). All I did to this one was true bypass it, gave it a new battery snap (the snaps on this and the muff were quite old and ratty), wired it a bit cleaner, and adjusted the treadle for a bit fuller sweep. It's purely cosmetic but I also ditched the duct tape and hit it with some goo gone so it looks like nicer.

IMGP7187.jpg

Next up is overhauling the SD-1 as it has no bypass signal and I see a couple problem spots on the PCB and the Juggernaut which actually works perfect but doesn't sound all that great so I'm going to see what I can do to make it sound better. From there I'll probably do some more interesting mods to all of the pedals but I wanted to get them back to original condition first (in the case of the wah it's better than original)

• Members

didn't you just get those mooer minis as well?

not fair

Yeah man. It's like a revolving door of pedals but rest assured every one of them gets their fair shake. Today it was Mooer Pitch Box (octave down harmony) + Big Muff :love:

Archived