OT: Food allergies and symptoms.

Loobs

• Members

Asking this here because I figure some of you guys might have some insight without me having to register for a dietry forum or whatever.

About 5 months ago my gf and I went out for some Korean food at a place we'd been to several times in the past. I ate some sort of spicy beef with rice, I'd eaten in before with no problems. After coming home I felt super lethargic, achy and just wiped out. The next morning my stomach was doing cartwheels, felt bloated and had loads and loads of gas together with these foul tasting, sulphuric/rotten egg burps. Later that progressed to this watery, yellow diarrhea. Lasted for a good few days, everything just seemed to go through me. Eventually it passed. Figured it for food poisoning or whatever.

Last night we went for some Mexican food, I had a chicken quesadilla and then some small pork tacos. All the food was somewhat oily and extremely rich and almost sweet. Got home, felt fine, but later in the evening got that bloated feeling together with loads of gas. This morning I've got the awful tasting burps again and the watery yellow diarrhea. My gf ate pretty much the same thing and is fine. I don't see how it can be food poisoning since this is a clean place with a good reputation and it just seems unlikely I'd have food poisoning twice within such a short period.

While I was eating the food I did notice that it tasted very rich/sweet/oily but thought nothing of it. Since it's happened both times after eating out and eating rich/spicy/oily foods I can't help but think it's something to do with some sort of allergy. Are these common symptoms for allergies or should I be really worried? I feel better now than I did earlier and nowhere near as bad as when I had the first instance after the Korean food.

Some people seem to think the symptoms could be giardiasis but when I went to my GP after being sick (for about a week) after the Korean he just told me I had 'food poisoning' told me to buy some oral rehydration stuff and then after that it seemed to go away...I'm stumped.

• Members

Asking this here because I figure some of you guys might have some insight without me having to register for a dietry forum or whatever.

About 5 months ago my gf and I went out for some Korean food at a place we'd been to several times in the past. I ate some sort of spicy
beef
with rice, I'd eaten in before with no problems. After coming home I felt super lethargic, achy and just wiped out. The next morning my stomach was doing cartwheels, felt bloated and had loads and loads of gas together with these foul tasting, sulphuric/rotten egg burps. Later that progressed to this watery, yellow diarrhea. Lasted for a good few days, everything just seemed to go through me. Eventually it passed. Figured it for food poisoning or whatever.

Last night we went for some Mexican food, I had a chicken quesadilla and then some small pork tacos. All the food was somewhat oily and extremely rich and almost sweet. Got home, felt fine, but later in the evening got that bloated feeling together with loads of gas. This morning I've got the awful tasting burps again and the watery yellow diarrhea. My gf ate pretty much the same thing and is fine. I don't see how it can be food poisoning since this is a clean place with a good reputation and it just seems unlikely I'd have food poisoning twice within such a short period.

While I was eating the food I did notice that it tasted very rich/sweet/oily but thought nothing of it. Since it's happened both times after eating out and eating rich/spicy/oily foods I can't help but think it's something to do with some sort of allergy. Are these common symptoms for allergies or should I be really worried? I feel better now than I did earlier and nowhere near as bad as when I had the first instance after the Korean food.

Some people seem to think the symptoms could be giardiasis but when I went to my GP after being sick (for about a week) after the Korean he just told me I had 'food poisoning' told me to buy some oral rehydration stuff and then after that it seemed to go away...I'm stumped.

You spelled 'dog' wrong

• Members

It really just sounds like you ate too much fatty oily food. Not an allergy or poisoning. Stop eating that {censored}

That. If it keeps happening any time oily/fatty foods are eaten, such as ice cream, peanut butter, bean burritos, etc., it may be a GI problem.

• Members

how are you with breads and white potatoes? I ask because the sulfur taste you are getting is more likely to be undigested food that was sitting in your all night, if you have celiac or just border line gluten allergy this can happen. But if you are some how now fine then it could of just been a hiccup with your pancreas not producing enough enzymes to trigger the duodenum to open and then the elastic nature of the body could of then swung you to over production and that would explain why things were then passing right through you. If you are better now then that may lend support that the body was just self adjusting for a minor hiccup and has now stabilized, or at least at the enzyme level. You are getting older and these thing happens, but if they keep coming back then look into get a amylase test for pancreas problem.

Or it could just be that you are a {censored} and have stomach like a little girl, so man up {censored}. LOL J/K

• Members

how are you with breads and white potatoes? I ask because the sulfur taste you are getting is more likely to be undigested food that was sitting in your all night, if you have celiac or just border line gluten allergy this can happen. But if you are some how now fine then it could of just been a hiccup with your pancreas not producing enough enzymes to trigger the duodenum to open and then the elastic nature of the body could of then swung you to over production and that would explain why things were then passing right through you. If you are better now then that may lend support that the body was just self adjusting for a minor hiccup and has now stabilized, or at least at the enzyme level. You are getting older and these thing happens, but if they keep coming back then look into get a amylase test for pancreas problem.

Or it could just be that you are a {censored} and have stomach like a little girl, so man up {censored}. LOL J/K

I'm still not feeling 100%, still got these awful tasting burps. I just went swimming which made me feel better, but we'll see how I feel later. I'm fine with breads/white potatoes.

Archived