Anyone else having sleep problems?

OMTerria

• Members

I am currently sleeping like a baby. Because my wife and I just brought ours home from the hospital 7 days ago as of approx. 3 hours after I make this post. And sleeping like a baby is definitely not all the saying would have you assume :cry:

• Members

I am currently sleeping like a baby. Because my wife and I just brought ours home from the hospital 7 days ago as of approx. 3 hours after I make this post. And sleeping like a baby is definitely not all the saying would have you assume
:cry:

Congrats - and commiserations on not getting much sleep for the next year.

• Members

Yeah, my anxiety/running thoughts are generally at their worst before going to sleep so most of my problems tend to stem from not being able to get to sleep in the first place, but I do sometimes have issues with staying asleep which kinda sucks because then it takes so long to get back to it
:lol:

Learning how to better manage your anxiety (your "future-tripping") will likely go a long way toward being able to have a clearer, calmer head at bedtime. If you can't access affordable therapy, look into a self-help book.

• Members

Yes. I just take 1 or 2, and I'm set.

1 or 2 used to work for me. It doesn't at all. I took 6 last night and it didn't work.

Basically 1 = 1 mg. Doctors prescribe people like 20mg sometimes per night.

But honestly, i think i read somewhere 30mg is where you start to have problems.

I'm not a physician though. So start with 1 or 2 lol

• Members

Learning how to better manage your anxiety (your "future-tripping") will likely go a long way toward being able to have a clearer, calmer head at bedtime. If you can't access affordable therapy, look into a self-help book.

Definitely. I've done the DBT and Biofeedback stuff before and it helped a good bit back then so I should probably revisit some of that stuff. I've got a therapist and a doctor, but we're still trying to something that works best so I've been having to find some work-arounds in the mean time. For example I just dosed up to 80mg of Prozac, which helps a good bit with the more average depression and my obsessive and panic anxiety symptoms but it's been making me more restless and a bit more wired than some of the previous stuff I've tried. Happy mediums, do they exist? :lol:

• Members

1 or 2 used to work for me. It doesn't at all. I took 6 last night and it didn't work.

Basically 1 = 1 mg. Doctors prescribe people like 20mg sometimes per night.

But honestly, i think i read somewhere 30mg is where you start to have problems.

I'm not a physician though. So start with 1 or 2 lol

1 pill can vary with mg. My pills are 3mg per pill, by NOW. Much more and your body will become dependent on it.

• Members

I am, but in the opposite way. I'm sleeping 12 hours a day because I've found that, generally, there is no value or purpose in being conscious.

Inherently, you are correct. We are all responsible for creating meaning in our lives.

• Members

I have a fix that I use all the time. If I can't get to sleep, or if I wake up in the middle of the night, I start playing an album. I figured this out by accident in High School, because I didn't have a lot of albums back then. The two albums I used were Brothers In Arms and DSOTM.

I started the technique again within the past couple of years because my ears started ringing. I use a different album now, but it's the same album every time. It's on my phone, just an arm's reach away. I just checked iTunes and I've played it 177 times now.

I can't remember the last time I've made it to the third song.

Archived