OT: Your opinion on Teles without single coils in the neck

Zetor

• Members

Never got on much with the trad tele neck pickup.

My fav is a good strat pickup in the neck of a tele.

that's what i have. a Bill Lawrence Keystone. sounds awesome.

also had a Retroton before on another Tele, a GFS one. it was good, but i don't have much use for neck pickups.

• Members

Another possibility is a P-90 (for single-coil kerang) or a lipstick pickup (for a different flavor of singlecoiledness) in the neck....It pretty simple to get a new Tele pickguard that'd allow you mount anything you want in that neck position.

• Members

You might be able to fit a funky old single coil like a gold foil or Hershey bar in that same minihum spot...

I have a filtertron in the neck of mine and I love it. Sometimes it is a little dark, though. I think a tv jones megatron is gonna go in there next.

• Members

You might be able to fit a funky old single coil like a gold foil or Hershey bar in that same minihum spot...

I have a filtertron in the neck of mine and I love it. Sometimes it is a little dark, though. I think a tv jones megatron is gonna go in there next.

I have an old PV T-15 with a Teisco goldfoil in the neck. LOVE that. Absolutely kills on slide.

• Members

Here's my tele. Needless to say, it's my new number one. So many tones from this thing. I can get great jazz tones with neck and pretty much anything with bridge and mid. It's coil split. Bad pic is bad. But here you go. MIJ TELE FTW!

i5dhlx.jpg

Best choice ever. BTW, I tried a regular tele bridge in it, didn't like it as much. I actually bought the thing like this. Alnico II pro in the neck. Little 59 bridge.

(trust me, i'm the first person to say a humbuggie in tele bridge is wrong)

• Members

Jazzmaster neck pup + Tele bridge pup =
:love:

BlackGuard.jpg

Ran that for a while and loved it, but the JM pup turned to mush on higher gain settings. Now I have a PAF in the neck position that cuts through much better and sounds nice and warm clean, but sometimes I miss the JM pup's sparkle.

I need more than one guitar, I guess.:lol:

• Members

Yeah, I think the JM neck pickup isn't an amazing sound on its own. It's kind of dark. But when combined with the bridge, the result is wonderful. I dunno. How does it pair with a tele pickup?

Archived