Any AC30 CC1 users around?

iamthearm

• Members

i'm looking at buying one that i've been using. it's already had the speaker replaced with a red fang. i really like the almost dirty tone i've been getting out of it. i have a fulldrive 2 but i'm curious what everyone is using boost/od wise?

• Members

I had a cc1 for a few months, and I've had a cc2 for a thousand million years. For boosts, the amp likes big full range boosts on the top boost channel and treble boosts into the darker normal channel. Tubescreamer type pedals can get a bit middy, so that's something to watch out for. The OCD, Hotcake and Rat are all good choices that can each do light overdrive to heavy distortion. The Crunchbox works well for really gainy jcm style distortion. On a lower budget, the Boss OD-3 works well with the AC30.

• Members

I had a cc1 for a few months, and I've had a cc2 for a thousand million years. For boosts, the amp likes big full range boosts on the top boost channel and treble boosts into the darker normal channel. Tubescreamer type pedals can get a bit middy, so that's something to watch out for. The OCD, Hotcake and Rat are all good choices that can each do light overdrive to heavy distortion. The Crunchbox works well for really gainy jcm style distortion. On a lower budget, the Boss OD-3 works well with the AC30.

nice. i'm really only looking to push it a little bit while maintaining the natural overdrive. i'm using it in an americana/country type band and am just looking for something to make it a tad dirtier, louder, and fatter.

• Members

+1 on the Hotcake, Rat, and OD-3. The Colorsound Overdriver is also tits. The Hotcake is probably my favorite, it goes from transparent boost to a soft Rat at mediumish settings to fuzzy goodness. The OD-3 is good for low gain stuff--circuitwise it's a refined Blues Driver. And the Colorsound Overdriver does the colored boost to overdrive to fuzzy thing with really useful tone shaping via bass and treble controls.

Archived