NP&AD: A Small Compilation

• Members

2012: Return of the GAS

Had a rough year financially last year, so I had to put the gear buying on hold and squeeze as much as a I could from what I had. Turned out, that wasn't a bad thing. Gave me a good chance to learn how to tweak every last ounce out of the tools I have at my disposal.

Well, the Wife and I caught a couple breaks recently and I finally got to pick up some new toys. The 2012 new additions so far:

2012-04-28_10-07-52_190-1.jpg

Vox AC4, EHX Cathedral, BAT LSTR

Better shot of the LSTR

2012-04-28_10-08-51_157-1.jpg

The Ac-4 is great. Perfect for the living room and for adding some top end definition with recording. I effing love this little guy.

The Cathedral is a lot of fun, though integrating it into the band has been a challenge. Its all about small adjustments. Its fun to play with, but Im already looking to try some other multi-function reverbs. I like it, Im just not IN like with it.

The LSTR is the latest addition (thanks to jnichols2727). I originally got it to replace my Musket. Turns out that its more like having a 2nd, slightly more aggressive channel to the Musket. Im definitely leaning towards keeping both. The LSTR is loud, aggressive and it stacks really, really well. Definitely a keeper.

• Members

Nice. I hear you on the Cathedral. I like it, have to spend more time with it. But I am also considering trying out the Source Audio Reverb jammer, maybe a HoF at some point too.

Its a fun pedal, but I haven't been able to dial in a foundation tone yet. I go back and forth between the plate and hall settings a lot and I like the flerb and reverse modes, but I just cant get THE tone that i want. Source Audio's new piece sounds spectacular in demo's so I think its gonna be the next one in.

Archived