Filtered vibrato/tremolo? Good guitar pedal for it?

Katjakaj

• Members

Atleast that is what I THINK it is called... Anyways, I'm looking for a guitar pedal/combination that can do a wobbly kind of filter thing...:confused: Since I can't really describe it very well I've provided some links to explain what I'm looking for:

About 1.37

In sound sample #3, those quick wobbly sounds... the sample begins at 1.30

In the beginning of the clip, when he plays around with the pedals, and at 4.50

The Kilpatrick pedal does the effect exactly like I want it, but I can't get a hold of it where I live, so I'm looking for substitutes. The Snazzy FX is also a freakin' awesome pedal, although it's pretty expensive... And I'm conviced that there must be a way to create this sound without these pedals.

Right now I have a Moog Low pass filter on my pedalboard, is there a way to get this kind of sound with that pedal combined with another?

Also, this is my first post, so please be kind. Thank you! :love:

• Members

Electro-Harmonix Flanger hoax!

I dunno man, I don't remember my Flanger Hoax sounding like those clips ;p

The Line 6 FM4 and M5/9 have filter modes that sound similar to those clips, your best bet IMHO.

[video=youtube;dW7FcIV9rfA]

• Members

Where do you live? The Kilpatrick Vibro Man is available on Ebay, Amazon and the seller Prymaxe Vintage ships world wide. http://www.prymaxevintage.com/kilpatrick-audio-vibro-man-vibrato-tremolo-filter/

In the third video (Tame Impala) you can see he's using a Ehx stereo pulsar pedal (goes for about $88 usd) and adjusting it right at the beginning of the video. I've never used the Ehx pulsar, but have heard demos of it and it does sound like he running something else along with it though. Maybe try running the Ehx pulsar with the Moog lpf?

• Members

[video=youtube;5rmAJDLTMh4]

Actually I think I was wrong. I just listened to a demo of the Ehx stereo pulsar and it doesn't sound like much was added to it, if anything in the Tame Impala video you posted. I hadn't heard a demo of the pulsar for so long I had forgotten how versatile it can be.

• Members

Thanks for all the tips!

Both the EHX Worm and Stereo Pulsar seems very interesting. The Stereo Pulsar obviously does the job that I'm looking for, although the worm seems to do it aswell, and has on top of that some other cool features too.

The Flanger hoax and FM4 sounds pretty sweet aswell, but I didn't quite feel that it was exactly what I was looking for... But hey, I guess a a demo in a couple minutes won't do those pedals real justice.

About the Kilpatrick pedal, I live in Sweden and don't usually shop outside the EU and that is the number one issue. It doesn't seem to be available at amazon.co.uk either. Guess I could check Ebay for it. But like I said, the EHX pedals seems pretty interesting so.

Just out of curiosity, how is the Tracer City overall? It seems extremly versatile, almost a bit "too much" to be handled correctly if you know what I mean. :p

• Members

I'd imagine pairing a tremolo with an auto-wah/envelope filter pedal would do this. I'm pretty sure I could do this with the Moog Ring Modulator and Low Pass Filter combined but that's definitely not the cheapst option, ha ha. Pulsar and one of the EHX Q pedals would probably work.

• Members

Tremolo (tremulator) into envelope filter (dod 440) sounds like this (skip to 3:18):

[video=youtube;PrQTvH8R4Lw]

And envelope filter (moog lpf) that's being modulated with an external lfo (moog cp-251) sounds like this (skip to 2:29):

[video=youtube;8Kl_B-p2aRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kl_B-p2aRI

If you get the moog ring mod you can get both of these sounds. Just put the ring mod before the low pass filter and use it as a tremolo or you can use the lfo out of the ring mod and modulate the filter with that!

Archived