OT: Neil Armstrong interview with CPA

fetch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I'm sick of hearing the moon landing hoax {censored}. I am intrigued about UFOs and such during missions. I thing Aldrins said as much, not sure about anyone else

Of all the astronauts, it was probably Gordon Cooper who was the most vocal UFO conspiracy theorist. Aldrin did report seeing unidentified objects, but they're nearly certain they were just jettisoned panels from an earlier stage of the rocket.

• Members

Do they even make people like him, anymore?

There's no such thing as "people like him". Everyone's different, and not many people have a chance to prove themselves like that. But around the world, millions of people right now are performing feats equally brave if not more so than doing your job when you're told to get in this here rocket... people giving up organs to save strangers, traveling to strange new lands in search of jobs that will support their families, throwing themselves on a landmine to save a fellow soldier, standing up to a group of bullies in a school somewhere, taking part in clinical trials of new drugs...

I could go on, but you get my drift. I'm by no means trying to diminish what Armstrong did - to be the first man to walk on the moon is just something else, and then to have conducted the rest of his life with shows of bravery, dignity and also a kind of privacy speaks volumes of how good he was as a person. But I don't think we need to put him up on some hero worshipping pedestal like he's a different species to you or me.

• Members

China and the Soviet Union were motioning (monitoring?) the transmissions that came from the moon.

If it was a hoax, those two countries would have exposed it right then and there.

I guess you lack the brains to realize that the transmissions could be faked too.

There's a reason 'we' haven't gone back in over 40 years. We never went in the first place.

• Members

I guess you lack the brains to realize that the transmissions could be faked too.

There's a reason 'we' haven't gone back in over 40 years. We never went in the first place.

Watch part 4 of the interview this thread is about for starters and report back. In that part you can see side by side shots of Apollo 11's landing glide and moon maps from Google. They match pretty well. Did you also miss the recent satellite images of the Apollo landing sites? We'll be seeing closeup images of the sites when Lunar X Prize contestants start their flights. Nasa has only asked the first and last landing sites to be left untouched, others can be examined more freely.

• Members

what's pretty amazing is how swinging ax can even be so sure that he's actually real. I did acid once, and while on it I misremembered parts of ideas of solipsism and eastern religions. I can tell you pretty confidently he's probably just part of my imagined world, which is itself probably just vibrating fibers that are part of a bigger 'energy'.

• Members

I sick of hearing how man went to the moon when he didn't. (THAT'S the real hoax)

You are the only one here smart enough to have figured out the truth. I guess that makes you feel superior, so I can see why you'd have gone down this path.

Archived