So what gear is everyone saving up for this summer?

gambit

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

a new practice/light gig amp. Just had to sell mine cause I'm broke :( but come late May I'll be working again and can save for something. Thinking SF vibrolux, Gemini II, exploring my options.

Also an EQ pedal. Parts to build some stuff. M-Audio Axiom 49.

• Members

understandable. i'm using it in a weird alt-country ish band but its nice having that little bit of grit when i need it. i'm already have the ac30 but the crowther is still on my list. do you use it as more of a slight boost or for high gain?

i'm into alt-country and shoegaze and the hot cake is so fudging awesome. you can use it as a boost or to push it into high gain. i've gone through a bunch of pedals and discovered it at a studio. it's one of those pedals i'm probably going to hold onto forever because i will always have a use for it.

as far as the cc1 goes, i like it (had a ac30 head before and wanted to cut down on space of a cab+head) but it just doesn't sound very big. and it's still pretty heavy. it's one of those situations where i like the amp but i just don't know what configuration i want for convenience as well as sound quality. all i know if that i dont want to lug it to wherever i move next

• Members
A changing mat for the soon to be arriving Flanging_Fredette Mk.2.

Oh wow. I bet that Mk.2 screams.

I've had a Mk.1 for 18 months or so and I got my Mk.2 just after the new year. I love them, but they're so unreliable. They both have this weird thing where they go from clean to dirty unexpectedly, they power up in the middle of the night making this terrible noise, volume fluctuates wildly for no apparent reason and they're so difficult to control.

Great fun though. I'll never sell mine :D

• Members

Oh wow. I bet that Mk.2 screams.

Not sure about screams, but according to Mrs Fred she kicks like a Mule. The mat will be very useful for testing her true-bypass.

If I don't like it I don't think Mrs Fred will allow me to flip it for a Strymon Flint though, so it's gonna be a keeper.

• Members

pretty much spent $$ on parts....now I just need time.
My problem is, I've got about 4 pedalprojects mentally schematic'd, but absolutely no time to work on them.
...and I've already promised the MC crew I'd get one prototyped in about 2 weeks from now.

: prepares mouth for foot insertion :

• Members

Oh, man.

I ran into beaucoup money problems last year, and sold pretty much all my gear.

So...

mod to make my CHB-35A amp more guitar-friendly

2x12 speaker cab

BAT Pharaoh

EHX Small Stone

BOSS DD-20 Delay

Boss TR-2 Tremolo

Boss TU-2 Tuner

That should get me back up and running.

It's not going to happen. :cry:

• Members

i'm into alt-country and shoegaze and the hot cake is so fudging awesome. you can use it as a boost or to push it into high gain. i've gone through a bunch of pedals and discovered it at a studio. it's one of those pedals i'm probably going to hold onto forever because i will always have a use for it.

as far as the cc1 goes, i like it (had a ac30 head before and wanted to cut down on space of a cab+head) but it just doesn't sound very big. and it's still pretty heavy. it's one of those situations where i like the amp but i just don't know what configuration i want for convenience as well as sound quality. all i know if that i dont want to lug it to wherever i move next

You should add casters of your "gear to buy this summer" list then. They're the best piece of gear I've bought in a while, hands down.

• Members

Squier JM and a good 1x12" cab for my Tweaker.

I just scored an Avatar oversized 1x12 with a Celestion Gold in it off of craigslist. That speaker emphasizes everything that is glorious about the Tweaker.

• Members

I just scored an Avatar oversized 1x12 with a Celestion Gold in it off of craigslist. That speaker emphasizes everything that is glorious about the Tweaker.

Thanks for the info! I bet. Bit pricey for me though. Gonna stick with the stock cab, I like how it sounds. Might get a cab with a Greenback if I can find a good price.

Archived