Spin Magazine trolls TGP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All credibility lost at #100

SKRILLEX

Look, as far as we know, our asymmetrically coiffed party pal has never held a guitar in his life. But no contemporary musician has a more primal understanding of adrenaline-pumping, pulse-raising, chest-caving bulldozer riffs than dubstep mosh ambassador Skrillex. Somewhere between the unfiltered piston-pumps of n

• Members

King Buzzo at 30? Yes.

So I decided to scan through the rest of the list because of this. Josh Homme, Wino, Dylan Carleson, Buzzo, Iommi. At least they made some good picks to help balance out the awful ones.

• Members

So I decided to scan through the rest of the list because of this. Josh Homme, Wino, Dylan Carleson, Buzzo, Iommi. At least they made some good picks to help balance out the awful ones.

I'm glad they picked Mick Barr too, cuz he's just preposterous.

• Members

Lists: the easiest way imaginable to piss off idiots. Let's take the words of Mark Dannels from the link comments and laugh:

This list makes me want to vomit! Leave it to Spin to come up with such a bull {censored} concoction of drivel just to prove that they are the anti Rolling Stone. This pretentious as {censored} list is trying WAY to hard to cater to some holier than thou hip crowd yet only succeed in alienating their magazine as a "We're cool cuz were different" crap rag. I will admit that I love the fact that they give a nod to Nells Cline, J. Mascis and rate Prince so high. But the fact that they leave out Jimmi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton all together is utter bull {censored}! I understand that singing their praises can be monotonous but there is good reason for it. And then, to put Skrillix on a list of guitar players is the biggest joke I believe I may have ever heard in all of my born days! They might as well have said that shrimp flavored ramen noodles are one of the best guitar players of all time, cuz guess what? Shrimp flavored ramen noodles dont play the {censored}ing guitar, and neither does Skrillex!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then, no offence to RUN DMC, but they put Jam Master J, a {censored}ing DJ in the top 10?!?!?!?!?! I'm sorry but this is a list of guitar players, Spin magazine completely lost every ounce of credit they may have ever had by creating this joke of a list (complete with people that may, or may not, have never played a {censored}ing guitar in their life)! After holding back my urge to regurgitate my late night tamales all over my laptop, I finally get to the end of the list, holding onto hope that I may be delighted with their #1 choice... Sonic Youth.

The list is brilliant simply because it annoys a {censored}head like Mark Dannels.

• Members

{censored} all of you. that list ruled. Nels Cline, Television, the Edge, Nick Zinner, Johnny Marr, Kevin Shields, Bernard Sumner.....all of these guys have had more of an impact on my guitar playing than Hendrix or Chuck Berry.

Good for you.

• Members

They just did an article on the return of shredding and did an interesting rating of about 100 guitarists, including "the average guitar shop employee" and "the average guitar shop customer." pretty good.

Archived