pedals you love that not a lot of others love

• Members

EVH Flanger

Digitech RP350 - I use as my DI for my acoustic at smaller gigs. I little compression and a touch of reverb goes a long way. I set the A/B amps with EQs for when I switch between strumming and fingerstyle.

(original) Wampler Super Plextortion. More gain and less mid hump that the current model.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lots of flangers mentioned here, lol. I've been meaning to add another one, maybe the EVH flanger, I've heard it sounds great.

My nominations would be just about anything by SolidGoldFX, not much love here for them. I have had both the SuperDrive and the Stutterbox tremolo on my board for a while now, both great pedals. A bit on the pricier side, maybe that's why, but they're worth it. I think they're kinda cool looking too.

stutterbox_4.jpg

SuperDrive_Stock_5_1.jpg

• Members

Ibanez FZ7, which I just broke while trying to fix and now need to find a new one:mad:.

The actual fuzz tone was thin, but it could make some special effects that I haven't been able to get from any other pedal. The damage switch could be very cool when used sparingly, and when you put a boost in front of it, it just goes crazy.

Other fuzzes I've tried will kind of do something similar when they're pushed with a boost, but nothing else I've tried comes close to the splatty, over-the-top silliness of the FZ7.

• Members

Digitech already features a lot, but the EX7 totally deserves a mention here. OK, so the dirt sucks. But where else to you get treddle-controlled rate leslie, treddle-controlled depth vibe, volume pedal (in flanger mode), limited but cool whammy and great synth sounds for under $100 used.

Steve

• Members

MXR Bass DI+: Great guitar distortion and also a nice direct box for recording bass.

G.S. Wylie Moonrock: Super awesome octave fuzz/normal fuzz that nobody but me seems to have or have tried around here.

EHX Stereo Polyphase: Ok, so it's not the best straight up phaser in the world, but if you use the envelope mode and have it sent a certain way in the down direction you can simulate some really cool sag effects by putting it before dirt pedals. You basically slam them with low end on your attack but it clears up after the initial attack.

• Members

Line 6 DM-4. Lots of stompboxes modelled, most sound good and some sound great - TS-808, Tube Driver, Rat, Fuzz Face, HM-2 and Big Muff. Even the dreaded "line 6 distortion" sounds better on here than in any other iteration of it I've come across.

• Members

I love the ZVEX Machine (so much so that I have 2 of them), which most people think sounds like {censored}e. Plug it into any fuzz or wah and step back before you're engulfed by flames.

i agree. its actually quite useful.

ok, ill do the zvex thing: the ooh wah. I love it alot. I run it slow and into another fuzz and play against it. its a damn great envelope/wah//filter.

most people just use it for the seq patterns, but its alot more than that..

• Members

Lots of flangers mentioned here, lol. I've been meaning to add another one, maybe the EVH flanger, I've heard it sounds great.

My nominations would be just about anything by SolidGoldFX, not much love here for them. I have had both the SuperDrive and the Stutterbox tremolo on my board for a while now, both great pedals. A bit on the pricier side, maybe that's why, but they're worth it. I think they're kinda cool looking too.

stutterbox_4.jpg

SuperDrive_Stock_5_1.jpg

Came here to say this, just got the super drive a couple days ago, great sounding OD box IMO. Been watching a lot of the SolidGold FX demos, and I think they have a real good pedal line, yet I hardly ever see them anywhere.

Also the Wampler Plextortion is another one I used to own that not many people use. Everyone was soo busy trying get their hands on the Super Plextortion because it was unavailable

I also think the Creepy Fingers stuff is pretty rare. I know there aren't a lot of them out there, but it's solid stuff. A bit pricey, but I really love the sound of my Harakiri fuzz.

• Members

Korg KP3: line level/rca's scare most away: looping pad movements & underappreciated fuzz.

Digitech PDS 1550: the big yellow distortion... Crunchy.

Alesis Ineko: the little company that couldn't: very strange box with separate pitch controls for l/r and nice delays.

Rackmount DOD d3: church reverb, stereo delay & rotary are all killer.

• Members

Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion has some really cool fuzz on tap if you reduce both gain controls. Marketed explicitly as a nu-metal pedal, but I couldn't get a high gain sound I liked from it - lowered the gains and holy biiiig muff batman.

• Members

i still love the digitech digidelay and digiverb. yeah, digitech generally sucks, but tape and modulate mode on the delay are awesome! and i only paid 20 bucks for mine! and the digiverb has some great reverbs in it, and what other pedal has reverse reverb for the price?

• Members

bixonic_expandora.jpg

Second pedal I ever bought, years ago from my old guitar teacher. Once I found the "forbidden" setting it was instant love. Just a nasty, ripping, fuzz. Recently put it back on my board. Awesome pedal. :thu:

Archived