I'm playing a noise set in June

• Members

hadn't heard of him before now....i'm listening to his stuff....and i'm really liking it! i like patient musicians....that take their time and let something develop.

Awesome man! I think you might dig it. He has some stuff I really like and he's a really nice person as well -- regardless of never getting back to me to play a show a few years ago.

• Members

The question is: how many more music like this will you produce in the future? How long is it gonna last? Try evolving into songs. If you don't, your gear will be on craigslist within a certain time. Noise was popular 25 years ago, those days are far behind.

• Members

I just don't get it.

Maybe I am just as bad as people I judge to be pretentious about music. Come to think of it, I might be worse because I think I "understand" noise and think there is a difference between "good" noise and "bad" noise. I am a big fan of music that seems to "deconstruct" the whole compositional idea that a song should follow some sort of A-B structure, and it can sound like fun. One of the things that I like about it is that I think I have to try to experience the music in a different way and, to a certain extent, listen closer.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I am a terrible douche bag who has no idea what he's talking about. I think I understand what you mean when you say you don't "get it." I might be crazy but, there might not be all that much to "get" except for thinking about it as more of a musical soundscape. Jebus, I am digging myself into an even bigger doucher-hole. :(

Sorry in advance Zappa and everyone if none of what I just said makes any sense whatsoever.

Archived