So who else is broke and cannot buy nice pedals these days?

• Members

Not exactly broke, but decided to save now that we have a one year old little girl.. that has come to be a no new music gear for a while. It's not so bad, as I did my homework before the baby arrived, so I have my board where I want it. :)

But, it's hard to come to the Internet and hear about all the nice gear people is using, and there's always Gas for a phaser or a fuzz, or phaser and fuzz.. not to say a new Jaguar because mine has flat frets already.

And a sudden hate arises when I see these collector pics with rows of unused nice guitars! :mad:

Anyone else checking the Behringer range these days?

:wave:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not broke, but I've got an (almost)two year old and yeah, I've scaled back the gear buying considerably. Also, I have 40 some odd pedals, so baby or not, it was getting ridiculous. I still buy the occasional cheap pedal here and there. Right now, I really need to scale back. My office is crammed with stuff, and, having a baby, I don't really have the time to use it anyway. That said, it's really hard to decide what stays and what goes.

• Members

I've been in the same situation. I wound up having to sell my Octafuzz and Ebow to pay for some expenses. It doesnt help that I have had some pretty intense GAS lately on top of my needing new tubes and cables. That should be changing soon though hopefully...please.

• Members

I've been in the same situation. I wound up having to sell my Octafuzz and Ebow to pay for some expenses. It doesnt help that I have had some pretty intense GAS lately on top of my needing new tubes and cables. That should be changing soon though hopefully...please.

I need new cables too, {censored} I hate buying cables.

• Members

I need new cables too, {censored} I hate buying cables.

Yeah man, I feel your pain. I'm probably going to have to dish out like $150 on them in total because the ones I have now are all terrible and half of them are breaking. I'd much rather have that go to a cool pedal or something.

• Members

Yep, rent and other bills have made my gear spending decrease heavily. Not necessarily a bad thing, though, because it finally gives me a reason to sit down and figure out what kind of sounds I can make with all these pedals and guitars and amps and whatnot. And having to sit down and play with what I already have makes me realize how much I've let my chops slip, so I've actually started practicing again. Kind of nice, actually.

...until those offset Squiers come out. Then I'm buying things again.

• Members

Aw.
:(
I didn't mean to make light of your situation, I just found the wording amusing.

Ahaha no I'm not upset at all, I'm glad my joke got a laugh. I'm in the process of applying for jobs where I'll have disposable income anyway.

NOT BITTER (I don't actually own an iPad anyway)

Archived