NPD x2 - Dano Fuzz v1 / Proco Big Box Rat --> With Video: vs. IC Muff + DOD Fuzz

gambit

• Members

- Dano Fuzz is pretty cool. tone is useless above 12 o'clock (much like the Drive v1), but it a nice thick ballsy saturated fuzz, like a muff, but with a slight 'gated' thing going on.

- Proco Big Box Rat (90's re-issue). Bought here from Cirrus, i solder-blobbed it back to the stock sound which i much prefer. pretty scooped. i honestly don't see why people call these fuzz pedals.. to my ears they're distortions that get a bit mucky with full gain. a bit 'scooped' but the lower gain settings are more my thing.. playing dynamics can take it from relatively clean to moderate distortion with the gain at around 1/3rd or so.

so here's a video, just knocking out some {censored}e for comparison.. the fun starts at about 7:20min..

[video=youtube;t6c0ds_kKHk]

Squier Jagmaster Deluxe (fitted with Fender wide-range pickups) - Pedals - Peavey Delta Blues 115 amp - mic'd with T.Bone RB100 ribbon mic. no effects, no eq, straight to Logic.

• Members

I didn't know people called them fuzz pedals.

They're not.

you didn't know? the bold text that that reads "FUZZ" on 2/4 pedals is pretty hard to catch I guess.

not a big fan of that muff, mine sounds much different. I like the rat the best

• Members

you didn't know? the bold text that that reads "FUZZ" on 2/4 pedals is pretty hard to catch I guess.

not a big fan of that muff, mine sounds much different. I like the rat the best

He said people called the Rat a fuzz.

Archived