Strymon users - is the favourite switch worth getting?

gambit

• Members

I could see it being nice for the El Cap considering all the secondary controls and how much of a difference they make. If you're not one to play around with those too much then a favorite switch probably isn't necessary. I would have never considered owning one for the Brigadier because it was so simple. It's pretty easy to slightly rotate a knob, tap in a new tempo, etc.

• Members

It's a really simple device...not knocking strymon, I think they price it right for the time they have to spend on it (they could build 4 favorite switches or just spend that time cranking out 1 extra el cap for more $$$)

but you just need a trs jack, a resistor, an led and a switch to build one.

• Members

It's a really simple device...not knocking strymon, I think they price it right for the time they have to spend on it (they could build 4 favorite switches or just spend that time cranking out 1 extra el cap for more $$$)

but you just need a trs jack, a resistor, an led and a switch to build one.

They are

• Members

When I get one, I reckon it'll be one of these alternatives. More reasonable pricing and a better size too. I just wish there was someone selling something similar over here. Import duty and handling costs are no fun.

Plenty of people over here could make you one of these, IvIark, Myself, Mike (of made by mike) probably too. I could probably throw it across the solent to you to save on postage.. lol

Archived