In My Personal Opinion

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had an M9, but found I was only using it for the reverbs, so I sold it. I never liked the modulation or any of the gimicky effects it had, and only used a couple of the delays. As for Strymon, I had an El Cap but sold it, as I'm using delay in my stereo effects loop, with my PitchFactor first, so the lack of stereo input meant it wasn't getting used. I have an Orbit but find I'm not using flange as much as I hoped, so it might be on its way out. The Timeline I have is staying for a while though, but I can see why some would prefer the M9 to it, with its added function. I can't see myself investing in any of their other pedals, so actually I can see SAL's POV even though I don't share it, due to the Timeline.

• Members

sidebar... I built the "Blunt mobile", "Bong Sabers", "Mooby" and a variety of other {censored} for that film.

Do you have a horde of memorabilia from movies you worked on?

Is there a hierarchy of who get to pick the bones of the props or do studios usually have a department that auctions off everything to recoup some of their outlay?

• Members

Do you have a horde of memorabilia from movies you worked on?

Is there a hierarchy of who get to pick the bones of the props or do studios usually have a department that auctions off everything to recoup some of their outlay?

Once we build it and hand it off we have no ownership what-so-ever. Every thing belongs to the production company. If i wanted a "Bongsaber" of my own I would have just built a third. My buddy "Ratface" was Kevin's Production Designer for most of his films so that is how I got the chance to work on stuff for a lot of his films.

That video is from Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash comic book store in Red Bank... Which I also built the "Superman" cabinetry / display cases and carved / painted the sign out front in the likeness of Jay and Silent Bob from the limited comic books Kevin released. Kevin is a super cool dude in every way imaginable.

qa-secret_stash.jpg

• Members

Yes it does seem like a cool job. There's a real satisfaction when you build something and it turns out well. I was just wondering about the props because I imagine if a movie turns out to be a mega-hit with hardcore fans that props would skyrocket in value.

Kevin Smith comes across as a laid-back personable guy from his 'An Evening With' video.

Archived