Just saw Russian Circles...

• Members

...very small venue just in front of them at barely 2 or 3 metres :love:

Geek info: Sully used 2 Verellen heads, emperor cabs, the red LP custom, soon pics of the pedalboard (added a earthquaker rainbow machine and a mini tc tuner to his arsenal)

• Members

I might be a sensy-bear but I wasn't a big fan of Deafheaven's singer, he was kind of a prick at the merch table when I saw them and I ultimately decided not to buy some of their stuff because of it.

I don't mind the cookie monster vocals all that much, I understand that they are somewhat en-vogue with the whole Wolves in the Throne Room scene. Although I do think it would be interesting to hear that band either as an instrumental piece or with vocals that don't tend to demand so much attention.

• Members

When I saw Deafheaven their vocals weren't that high in the mix. I was right up front though so i didn't really hear the mix that well. I caught all the stage volume. They put on a great show. I thought a little of his stuff was over dramatic but after the show he was really nice and kinda quiet. Been listening to Roads to Judah constantly ever since. Never seen Russian Circles live before but they are ok on cd.

• Members

When I saw Deafheaven their vocals weren't that high in the mix. I was right up front though so i didn't really hear the mix that well. I caught all the stage volume. They put on a great show. I thought a little of his stuff was over dramatic but after the show he was really nice and kinda quiet. Been listening to Roads to Judah constantly ever since. Never seen Russian Circles live before but they are ok on cd.

Hmm, damn, maybe I was the asshole. He definitely does the dramatic bit but I guess that's neither here nor there, although it's not really my cup of tea.

If you ever get a chance, I think Russian Circles are worth catching live. I didn't really get into Empros until I saw them and watching it performed live made me a bigger fan.

O/T - When are you playing a show in Pittsburgh Conk?

• Members

Hmm, damn, maybe I was the asshole. He definitely does the dramatic bit but I guess that's neither here nor there, although it's not really my cup of tea.

If you ever get a chance, I think Russian Circles are worth catching live. I didn't really get into Empros until I saw them and watching it performed live made me a bigger fan.

O/T - When are you playing a show in Pittsburgh Conk?

Maybe he was having a bad night when you saw them? :idk: The short guitarist was really cool. I didn't remember his name but he was cool to talk to. I'd like to see Russian Circles, but every time they come through I'm either playing a show or working. I don't really have any plans to tour right now other than regional stuff around the southeast later on this summer and into the fall. I'd love to make it up that way again though. It's been a while since I've played Philly and I'd love to hit it up again. Maybe I could hit Pittsburg while I'm up that way next time.

• Members

Maybe he was having a bad night when you saw them?
:idk:
The short guitarist was really cool. I didn't remember his name but he was cool to talk to. I'd like to see Russian Circles, but every time they come through I'm either playing a show or working. I don't really have any plans to tour right now other than regional stuff around the southeast later on this summer and into the fall. I'd love to make it up that way again though. It's been a while since I've played Philly and I'd love to hit it up again. Maybe I could hit Pittsburg while I'm up that way next time.

You should. Maybe this time I won't be a jerk and won't get tied up with work/gf stuff like I was when when SAL came around last time.

Yeah, the rest of Deafheaven seemed pretty cool. I thought overall they did some interesting stuff and I liked the space parts a good bit.

• Members

The board pics i took with my phone were horrible, and i didnt had my DLRS :facepalm:, but a friend of mine took good pics and videos with his iphone, as soon as i have the photos will post them :thu:

As i said later Deafheaven was great, i see the point in the voices (maybe too "blackmetal" for my taste to), i prefer the growly voice of Rosetta for example (band i love to death; i think Deafheaven have some common sounds with Rosetta)

• Members
Viva Spain! Love your country, man.

The women ... Oh, the women!!

Hey Ryder! well, lately living in the north of Spain is more like live in the scottish higlands...we had a month raining with no stops... :(. You are from Japan or live there? id love visit Tokio some day (plus Envy, one of mi fave bands of all times are japanese)

The womens in Spain are not bad...but...for my experience the highest rate of beauty is in Paris (O la la!). This June i will visit New York, we'll see... :)

Archived