Fans of Cornerstone: If you haven't heard yet, this year is gonna be the last...

Guys, if you're not interested, that's cool - but this is definitely notable news for the CCM folks; the announcement that one of their largest festivals, one that has been going on every year for 28 years, is coming to an end. It's definitely music related, and as such, this is exactly the type of thing they're entitled to discuss. Please don't give them a bunch of crap over it. :cop:

Thanks.

• Members

I have been on several occasions. Was always a good time. I agree about a lot of the hardcore bands, but there is/has always been a pretty diverse overall group of musicians there, even after the hardcore stuff started becoming more popular, and Cornerstone has always been an outlet for fringe bands, too... One thing that I wonder, though, is that with the hardcore stuff taking on a much more front and center role, if that didn't turn away a lot of the older crowd that used to show up, and arguably, probably had more money in their pockets to buy stuff and help Cornerstone pay it's bills. Regardless, after 28 years it will be sad for a lot of people to see it go.

Archived