i couldn't bring myself to buy a laptop today when i'd easily drop money on pedals..

gambit

• Members

:facepalm:

i'd use a laptop for all sorts of useful stuff and i play guitar maybe 3 times a week.

maybe time to thin the herd before those Squier Jazzmasters are available.. got 2 jagmasters, and a mascis jazzmaster.. that i might all make use of parts on though - switching pickups between them and whatnot..

time to get brutal with the pedal 'collection' though i think..

(heard it all before'd)

• Members

I think there's always the consideration with used pedals that you can always cash them out for approximately what you paid. With laptops you know you won't see most of that sweet sweet currency ever again.

This, resale value is a bitch.

I'm in the same boat
:D

Saved up for months to buy a Thurston Jazzmaster but now I'm torn between that or a Macbook Pro, I can only haz one
:cry:

FWIW, the way I look at it is this:

A guitar will still be a viable and useful tool long after that computer is a outdated dinosaur. :idea::) New computers are great, but guitars are much longer-term items.

• Members

I am at a point where my Laptop can't sustain any recording I want to do. I need to get a new laptop after nearly 5 years. My macbook has def held well till now and would probably hold on for a while but I need to get something that I can use to get back into mixing.

• Members

I am at a point where my Laptop can't sustain any recording I want to do. I need to get a new laptop after nearly 5 years. My macbook has def held well till now and would probably hold on for a while but I need to get something that I can use to get back into mixing.

This is too funny, I JUST swore off buying any new pedals/gear for a while today in order to pay off the new macbook I just bought. I bought it because my old mac is in a tailspin and trying to record in my old version of Ableton just isn't doing it for me anymore. I need to get on that PT10 jam....

• Members

This is too funny, I JUST swore off buying any new pedals/gear for a while today in order to pay off the new macbook I just bought. I bought it because my old mac is in a tailspin and trying to record in my old version of Ableton just isn't doing it for me anymore. I need to get on that PT10 jam....

It's killing me because for the price of a laptop, I can buy probably 2-3 guitars that I'd love!! :cry:

Archived