NGD again! just couldn't resist

goaway

• Members

always wanted a white SG with p90's and i just happened to find one at guitar center at nashville. i traded my amp for it so i'm ampless for about a month, but i think this was worth it. its the pete townshend model. i've never been one for signature models, but there's nothing on the guitar to indicate that its a sig model so im cool with it.

IMG_4246.jpg

• Members

Holy shnikeys! That's a looker! What amp will you be getting for her?

Congrats!

thinking about a valvetech hayseed 30....gonna see if it can be made to be closer to 38 or 40 watts so i can have more clean headroom.

• Members

Hawt. Not a fan of wraparound bridges but hawt.

Why not? I love that look - I've been topwrapping my TOM bridges for a while now. But I'll admit my ignorance about wraparound bridges :idk:

• Members

always wanted a white SG with p90's and i just happened to find one at guitar center at nashville. i traded my amp for it so i'm ampless for about a month, but i think this was worth it. its the pete townshend model. i've never been one for signature models, but there's nothing on the guitar to indicate that its a sig model so im cool with it.

IMG_4246.jpg

nice - erm but thats not a wrap around bridge? so please dont wrap around... you dont make things better.

• Members

Nice. And good call on the headroom - I like a dirty clean... but I REALLY like my clean cleans. That's why I got a -74 Twin. Heavy and loud as a MFer, but definitely clean. I love the idea of a Vox type amp, but can't seem to jive w/ them when ever I've played them. Makes me feel like I'm defective or something :idk:

• Members

It's not the look that gets to me, but on my Hamer Eclipse (which has a wraparound) it is just very awkward to play with, especially for palm mutes. It's just my way of playing, though.

Ok, that makes sense... When you top wrap a TOM bridge, you're still palm muting "as usual" since the top wrap part is behind the (whatever that part is called).

• Members

Nice. And good call on the headroom - I like a dirty clean... but I REALLY like my clean cleans. That's why I got a -74 Twin. Heavy and loud as a MFer, but definitely clean. I love the idea of a Vox type amp, but can't seem to jive w/ them when ever I've played them. Makes me feel like I'm defective or something
:idk:

eh, i feel the same way about fenders. they sound great but they're just not for me.

• Members

love that guitar man. sick.

Love it.

Happy NGD!

I'm actually considering a P-90 guitar myself.

since you're into Teles, have you played a Squier Tele Custom II? P-90 equipped, sounds amazing. incredibly cheap too. i bet in the US you can find a used one for pocket change.

• Members

:facepalm:
That is a wrap around bridge. That's why there are sting slots on top of it.

no need to facepalm - i didnt saw the string slots and postet a pic of a wrap around... sorry for my confusing posts :p

again it looks like a non wrap around on goaways new guitar... thats all...

Archived