heading down to Toronto in 10 days...

• Members

I would run a good ol' Google search if you are looking for particular genre's and all that.

I like the Horseshoe Tavern but have found that I can usually find a bar or two with good live music if I walk down Queen Street. Lee's Palace and Sneaky Dees on Bloor Street are also cool.

• Members

Handing the keyboard to my fiancee, who happens to be from Toronto...

http://www.rotate.com/content/tickets/ for gigs/tickets.

http://blog.to is a good site for stuff to do.

check out a gig at lee's palace or the horseshoe tavern

the are plenty of cool shops on queen street west (even better once you get past bathurst towards trinity bellwoods park)

if you're looking for cheap and good vinyl, go to a place called sonic boom on bloor st.

• Members

I'd say the best way I can describe Toronto is "nice but not too interesting".

Nothing wrong with being nice but it wasn't what I was looking for when I visited.

I have visited before, I thought it was great! :idk: and I am sure there is a lot more to it.

• Members

I would run a good ol' Google search if you are looking for particular genre's and all that.

I like the Horseshoe Tavern but have found that I can usually find a bar or two with good live music if I walk down Queen Street. Lee's Palace and
Sneaky Dees
on Bloor Street are also cool.

sneaky Dee's is on College right at the corner of College and Bathurst, NOT bloor. but its a fine bar, if youre in town on a Wednesday evening they got a nacho special night. fully loaded nachos with a pitcher of beer for 20 bucks. great deal for toronto prices i'd say. they also make really tasty wings. other than that its a pretty dirty hipster bar but i rather like it :idk:

also in the north toronto area there's a jazz club type bar called alley catz just north of Yonge and Eglinton.

and downtown in the Queen St area just by Queen and University there is a fine jazz/blues club called the Rex. lots of live music and up and coming bands in various bars though on most nights

• Members

sneaky dees also has poutine nachos. thank you cancer bats

if you are a beer drinker with money check out bar volo at yonge and wellesley. crazy beers from 5 bucks to 60 bucks a bottle. the only cafe, which is east on the danforth, is the same thing but cheaper because of the area. the rhino is another one with a fantastic beer selection

moog audios effect case is amazing. go to capsule and play some old ampegs.
the flamming lips are playing for free on the june 16th at yonge and dundas square >FOR FREE

• 2 weeks later...

Archived