School me on fuzz pedals

goodhonk

• Members

there are many different circuits that have different defining characteristics. For example, the Big Muff is all like chuuuuuuuhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH, while the Fuzz Face circuit is more like chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

You get it.

• Members

DAM Fleshhead is my favorite ever, but i realize it's unobtanium. Next to that i'd say my regular old germ fuzz face is teh bes, it was my main fuzz for about 10 years and beatdown many a fuzz pedal in a/b tests. the straight up fuzz sound is great, it cleans up great too. that said--this is using it with a Hiwatt, savage, and 5e3. through my fender (deluxe reverb), the results aren't as good, imho.

tone benders are cool--but, imho, are more particular. they clean up, but not as well.

if you're after higher gain fuzz, the DAM meathead is phenominal. the M-25 definitely has a lot more low end if that's what you're after.

the Creepy Fingers Os Mutantes fuzz is very good too--awesome all out fuzz and cleans up very well too.

for over the top wacky fuzz--the Zvex FF is dohp, but has it's peculiarities. the gooby bag of dicks (jordan bosstone variant) is awesome too--does some unpredictable octave things but also is a great sounding all out fuzz that cleans up relatively well.

Archived