New Job = Free iPad

• Members

Started a new job a few weeks ago and then last week my boss decided I needed an iPad.

This thing is great. The screen is fantastic!

Anything special I need to know to get the most out of this thing?

Also, is there any benefit to backing up to iCloud rather than my iMac?

• Members

wtf kind of a job do you 'need' an ipad? between laptops and smartphones this just seems silly to me.

my wife has an ipad issued to her for her job too. not sure if she really needs it, but it is good for reading/taking notes at meetings, and is easier to carry around than a laptop

• Members

wtf kind of a job do you 'need' an ipad? between laptops and smartphones this just seems silly to me.

Any web development, etc.... it's a good way to ensure that whatever you do renders properly on the ipad and functions properly for touch.

• Members

I use OnSong to keep track of my repertoire. I keep the text files of songs I know on Dropbox, and I have them imported into OnSong. If you use tabs/chord sheets/lyric sheets, something like this is a great use for the iPad.

I'd really like to see an app that auto-syncs to a dropbox folder, any maybe just doesn't have so many features I don't need, but since I haven't gotten around to writing that app yet, OnSong will have to do.

• Members

my wife has an ipad issued to her for her job too. not sure if she really needs it, but it is good for reading/taking notes at meetings, and is easier to carry around than a laptop

This. I'm hoping work picks up the tab for one for me soon too. Often I travel, and the laptop is bulky, cumbersome. I use a special software package where I can show donors considering making "planned gifts" how they benefit too, tax wise, income to them or heirs, and the remainder to charity. There's a special version of this software specifically for the iPad. Not as robust, but it would do most of the things I need in front of a donor.

• Members

It's actually a perfect solution. I'm a store manager for a new location that doesn't have the Internet (yet), and I need something that I can make orders on and type some simple reports etc.

I was happy to use my iPhone, but he said an iPad would make these tasks MUCH easier.

• Members

It's actually a perfect solution. I'm a store manager for a new location that doesn't have the Internet (yet), and I need something that I can make orders on and type some simple reports etc.

I was happy to use my iPhone, but he said an iPad would make these tasks MUCH easier.

yeah, word. that does make sense.

• Members

Apparently if everyone in your band has an i-pad they can all synch up with bluetooth and share charts. My buddy hand writes his charts and scans them so he sees his hand written charts. He can then share with everyone live on stage.

Archived