OT: Saw Hey Rosetta! and their opener, Rich Aucoin last night

LSDis4me

• Members

I'd seen Hey Rosetta! a few months ago opening for Gomez and was really impressed. They play fairly complex pop music, and are super tight. Only about 30 people there.

[video=youtube;ja_Hkk9j2nM]

[video=youtube;D15ho6bcP9k]

They brought Rich Aucoin from Canada, who I hadn't hear of. He sang and had effects set up on an ironing board, and had a drummer playing 3 toms and a cymbal. The guy is super charismatic and first talked have the people in the bar to come to the other side (it's a strange set up at this dive bar), got people singing on most of the songs, cool computer graphics projected on a screen behind him, had a colorful parachute that everyone got under (like being a kid), and had everyone put hands in the center while singing the last song. All this for a guy no one knew, and a musical style people hadn't come for.

[video=youtube;OxZi4WAKhgQ]

[video=youtube;LvCGnakfDfM]

[video=youtube;whtfng8ccAs]

[video=youtube;22jyaOSjSOk]

Having seen Spiritualized on Monday, it's been a great week for live music here.

This is from Monday's show:

[video=youtube;KmVYJ3mu9F8]

[video=youtube;VCTn7ULxxIA]

• Members

HR! is from my home turf, while Rich is from my current city. Both are on Sonic Records and both put-off an amazing live show. In October of last year, Rich played a show with a 80+ piece band... I'll have to see if I can find a vid.

Archived