Good quality Multi-Effects Unit, NOT amp emulation

• Members

Hi there. I recently sold off my pedalboard which contained some great stomp-box effects because I was sick of tap-dancing. I thought I'd go the midi-preset route. Bought a TC Electronic G-Major 2 and some of the clean tones I get out of it are really nice. I have a Mesa Dual Recto (3 Ch) and cannot get the TC to sound good through the high gain channels. There is a significant volume drop despite days of messing with input levels, preset out levels etc and it sucks tone. I'm beginning to think I've made a mistake as my Eventide delay/mod, Neunaber reverb, MXR flanger etc sounded killer and this thing appears to suck big time. Has anybody got any clues or can recommend a rack Multi-FX with great tone? I don't need to pretend to be 124,876 different amps - I like my Mesa - I just need chorus, wah, delay, reverb, harmonizer and that's about it.

• Members

are you going through the loop? i had a g major 1 and ran one side through my boogie dc-5 loop. had the other side running into a power amp and extension cab, great sound, no real issues. i also had volume drops on some effects, but evened everything out - dropped the volume on loud effects, etc - and it sounded tits...

• Members

How are you running your fx? in a loop?

If so, is it series or parrallel?

Using digital stuff can cause problems in parallel loops due to latency and phase issues. Time based fx (delay etc) with an analog dry path can get around this.

That might be what's happening with your TC.

• Members

Hey guise:

Has anybody got any clues or can recommend a
rack
Multi-FX with great tone? I don't need to pretend to be 124,876 different amps - I like my Mesa - I just need chorus, wah, delay, reverb, harmonizer and that's about it.

• Members

How are you running your fx? in a loop?

If so, is it series or parrallel?

Using digital stuff can cause problems in parallel loops due to latency and phase issues. Time based fx (delay etc) with an analog dry path can get around this.

That might be what's happening with your TC.

If the unit offers 100% wet, there shouldn't be an issue. I know Digitech's GSP1101 does, but don't think the lower end units do. Not sure about the other manufacturers, pretty sure the M9/13 can do it as the HD500 I believe does.

• Members

are you going through the loop? i had a g major 1 and ran one side through my boogie dc-5 loop. had the other side running into a power amp and extension cab, great sound, no real issues. i also had volume drops on some effects, but evened everything out - dropped the volume on loud effects, etc - and it sounded tits...

Yes, the Mesa has a Parallel loop, I have enabled "Killdry" on the G Major, messed around with the mix settings on the amp, use good quality cables, set the preset outs on the G Major to -0Db (which is the loudest they will go) and have set up 2 high-gain presets - one with the FX Loop engaged and one without. The dry one sounds killer and the one running through the G Major has a large volume drop, and introduces a kind of digital fuzz that doesn't float my boat.

• Members

OP, i've got a Roland/Boss made in Japan GX-700 rack multieffects for sale. it does pretty much everything and has an analog dirt path. also does reverb, delay, chorus, flange, phaser i think, all the goodies.

comes with manual and an instructional VHS :lol:

check out some of the youtube demos, lots to choose from

• Members

OP, i've got a Roland/Boss made in Japan GX-700 rack multieffects for sale. it does pretty much everything and has an analog dirt path. also does reverb, delay, chorus, flange, phaser i think, all the goodies.

comes with manual and an instructional VHS
:lol:

check out some of the youtube demos, lots to choose from

spamma pls.

• 1 month later...

Archived