Philosophers Tone Problems - Loud Click In..Normal?

• Members

Just picked up a Philosophers Tone and its got a very loud CLICK coming out of the amp when engaged. Is this normal? I'm assuming it is, but I cant imagine why.

I got it first in the chain, just before a SD9M, then bypass looper, and into the amp, on the supplied power supply.

Actually wasnt too impressed honestly, theres some sweetness in there, but very little for $180.

Anyone else ditch the bitch for something better?

• Members

Another loveless marriage with the PT, haha. I use mine for what you're looking for. Here's what works for me:

Grit - off

Sustain - 3:00

Blend - 10:00

Treble - 1:00

Volume - 2:00

See if that helps yer chub.

dude like 7/10 people hate this pedal. we are the only ones who know how sexy it really is.

• Members

...try a mercury-damped switch for the tb?.....oh wait, can't get them any more.

...maybe a good spray with a freon-based contact cleaner will do the trick? .....ooops, sorry, ozone layer, my bad....

...could be the silver solder corroding, maybe try some good oldfashioned 60-40?

Sorry, I'm all out of ideas.

• Members

Another loveless marriage with the PT, haha. I use mine for what you're looking for. Here's what works for me:

Grit - off

Sustain - 3:00

Blend - 10:00

Treble - 1:00

Volume - 2:00

See if that helps yer chub.

Thanks I'll check it out, I got it on "clean sustain" factory settings right now.

I'll tell ya, a guy can get used to the unlimited sustain when mixed with some dirt and reverb...haha.

Archived