Line 6 M9 - still all that for delay/looping/reverb?

• Members

So, I'm looking into getting a bigger delay/looper and it seems like the M9 has got a lot going for it in this department, particularly as a feature-laden alternative to the DL4 and Vox DelayLab. How would this do as a standalone delay/looper/reverb (it would replace my Behringer Verbzilla clone too)? Any feedback is very, very welcome. Thanks! :thu:

• Members

I like the looping and reverb sounds a good bit (in addition to a couple of the drives and modulations), but the delays really just don't really do it for me at all. I could never get the repeats to sound present enough without being really in your face or enough repeats without throwing it into oscillation or infinite repeats. I've heard a lot of people use the M stuff and the DL-4 to great effect, but for me it was a pretty overwhelmingly negative experience in that area.

• Members

Thanks for the opinions so far. I guess I'll just have to try the delays out for myself. How easy is it to get a loop going and then use delay over the top of that?

super easy. i guess the only annoying thing is you gotta hold down the loop mode button for like a second to switch between looper mode and normal preset mode.

unless youre talking about recording a loop and applying delay to that loop after you already recorded it, which is not possible as far as i know

• Members

you cant store loops. not exactly sure what youre asking. you can have your one loop recorded and stop it for however long. then doodle around, have a fap, play a solo, make a sandwich then go back and turn the loop back on as long as you dont disconnect the power

• Members

you cant store loops. not exactly sure what youre asking. you can have your one loop recorded and stop it for however long. then doodle around, have a fap, play a solo, make a sandwich then go back and turn the loop back on as long as you dont disconnect the power

that should be in the manual, word for word.

• Members

I don't have one, but for what they cost, I am looking more at a 500 HD. This and the Zoom G3 appear to me to be the best of the herd. For looping, I like the idea of the RC-300, but can't get my head around the price.

• Members

I think the filters, looper and reverbs are all decent and worth the price, didn't like the delays much though, would have been better if they had level controls instead of just mix so they had more presence :o

• Members

My old DL4 suits me fine for all my llooping needs, and aside from it's unhip status nowadays, I still like a lot of the delays inthere as well.

Also have an RC-2 that I hardly ever use lately. But it does store loops, the M9 doesn't. Comes in handy for triggering little intro speeches and samples or whatever, if you're into that sort of thing. Love the aux input and the storage capacity, basicly eliminates my need for my fecking macbook at shows...

• Members

I use the digital delay w/mod, echo platter, and tube echo all to great effect. It takes some tweaking to get them where you want, but they sound good to me. LOL @ the people who think you are somehow of less intelligence because you use an M9. Typical NYC douchebaggery.

Archived