Switching Question

Lassy

• Members

I'm looking for some help with setting up the new pedal board that I'm about to get around to making finally! I use an electric and an acoustic, electric running through a couple pedals to an amp and acoustic running through a tuner and booster to the PA. I'd prefer to be able to have both guitars running into the tuner, but not sure how this is best accomplished. My options seem to be:

1. Having two switching pedals, one to select from two inputs into one output (before the tuner), then another to switch one input to two outputs (after the tuner). I'd prefer not to have to buy two pedals!

2. A splitter into the tuner and switching pedal after- I'm guessing this is a bad idea, and prevents me from muting the guitar I'm not using.

3. Some sort of wizzardly contraption that can switch between two inputs and three outputs (PA, amp and tuner) i.e. I have the tuner separate from the rest of the chain and always on. Not sure if this exists!

4. Something else??

I'm no expert on pedals so any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

• Members

Thanks for the responses guys. The Radial gizmo looks cool, but far too complicated/expensive for me! A second tuner might be the way to go, I have thought about getting a clip on, but then where to put the capo?? I'd prefer not to have too much on the floor that requires power, which is why I was hoping there would be some sort of switching option.

• Members

Two input two output switcher with an effects loop? Input 1 goes to electric, Input 2 to acoustic. You connect the tuner in the loop. signal from one input goes to the tuner and back into the switcher. Output 1 goes to electric pedals, Output 2 goes to acoustic signal path. You click one switch to switch both input and output simultaneously. The common effects (in this case, a tuner) stay the same.

Quite simple, really. You can do this with a standard stomp box switch.

Archived