Should I make this trade?

JMR

• Members

^^^^

Those aren't bad. Not my bag at the moment,though.

Local shop had a used one (classic 50) for sale last year for $375.. Usually people are giving these amps away. I personally think it was one best amps Peavey ever made. The drive is absolutely killer.

• Members

If I remember correctly you've been worrying about getting this post-hardcore/emo tone for a way long time. Flipping small tube amps with lame distortion is just going to make it take longer and longer. Start setting aside like 10 bucks a week for awhile just sell your rig for a cheap underrated half-stack. You'd be way way better off getting a VTM-60 or a Bugera and a decent cab, which could be done under 500.

I'm actually fine right now! I have a 412 with V30s and I'm selling this amp to fund a decent head, but this guy offered a trade so I figured I'd look into it. As it turns out, I'm not digging it much and I'd rather keep my classic 30 than have the crate. Turns out, I might be grabbing a sunn concert or gibson L4 or 5 soon. I'm temporarily using this Ampeg V4, but it's broken and I have to get it fixed. Also, I have to give it back at some point, so I need to grab another amp.

I love old Acoustic Controls! Sovteks sound nice, as does any 90s peavey jcm800-inspired amp. My experience with Sound City is that they're rather bland sounding.

My dirt end (fulltone ocd and big muff with tone wicker) and guitar (fender toronado with GFS) are both great and I've got a great cab, now all I need is decent head.

• Members

there's a sunn 100S half-stack with non-working tremolo on my local craigslist for $800 (seems a little steep). How much should I offer for just the head?

there's a Peavey Standard Series 260 (solidstate) for $150, and it seems to be in pretty good shape

Archived