Freakin' A, did I just screw myself with this mistake?

OMTerria

• Members

I sent him a message, but I'm pretty sure the payment was already sent since I'm just now realizing this mistake. Time to get in touch with PayPal haha. Of course the other guy has nothing to worry about, but I'm totally not using my iPhone for this kind of thing in the future to avoid situations like this in the future :facepalm:

• Members

I did this recently. He sent the money to the wrong address which I gave him & paypal told him to email that address explaining the error and request the recipient refund the balance.

If the wrong address isn't in use by anyone and he's already sent it, you can create that an email with the unclaimed address you sent and nominate it as one of your own in paypal (I think you can name 3 or 5 - I forget) and the money will go to you.

The main point is the sender has to email the unwitting recipient if it's gone through requesting a refund.

• Members

I did this recently. He sent the money to the wrong address which I gave him & paypal told him to email that address explaining the error and request the recipient refund the balance.

If the wrong address isn't in use by anyone and he's already sent it, you can create that an email with the unclaimed address you sent and nominate it as one of your own in paypal (I think you can name 3 or 5 - I forget) and the money will go to you.

The main point is the sender has to email the unwitting recipient if it's gone through requesting a refund.

Huh, that's pretty interesting. The money he sent was unclaimed, so I'm guessing the misspelled PayPal address is isn't claimed by another user. If that's the case though, they can just cancel the payment and send it to the correct one.

• Members

Huh, that's pretty interesting. The money he sent was unclaimed, so I'm guessing the misspelled PayPal address is isn't claimed by another user. If that's the case though, they can just cancel the payment and send it to the correct one.

I don't know the situation with canceling unclaimed transfers. If he can't cancel it you should just add the address in your paypal list and claim it that way. It's simple enough to do.

Luckily the person I gave the wrong address to was refunded by the recipient after a few weeks.

• Members

recently, my girlfriend and i were buying a couch off of craigslist. my girlfriend made arrangements with the lady for us to go and get it when my girlfriend got off of work. i drove and met her at her work with the truck and everything. she was supposed to text this lady before we came. she texted, no answer for a while. we go and have a beer and wait. this lady lives like half an hour away so we don't want to drive out there if she's gonna flake and not be home. text again, nothing. we're getting hungry. we call her. weird voice message and no answer. we get a sandwich, text again. finally we give up and go home. my girlfriend sends her an email. she writes back. she had sent the wrong phone number. we make plans to get it the next morning. we drive out there and end up driving around her neighborhood getting kind of lost. we call 'cause we can't find the house and the internet directions are all wierd. turns out she also gave us the wrong address. i thought to myself "who the {censored} does {censored} like this?"

• Members

recently, my girlfriend and i were buying a couch off of craigslist. my girlfriend made arrangements with the lady for us to go and get it when my girlfriend got off of work. i drove and met her at her work with the truck and everything. she was supposed to text this lady before we came. she texted, no answer for a while. we go and have a beer and wait. this lady lives like half an hour away so we don't want to drive out there if she's gonna flake and not be home. text again, nothing. we're getting hungry. we call her. weird voice message and no answer. we get a sandwich, text again. finally we give up and go home. my girlfriend sends her an email. she writes back. she had sent the wrong phone number. we make plans to get it the next morning. we drive out there and end up driving around her neighborhood getting kind of lost. we call 'cause we can't find the house and the internet directions are all wierd. turns out she also gave us the wrong address. i thought to myself "who the {censored} does {censored} like this?"

Somebody I wouldn't want to buy a couch (or anything) from.

• Members

To that lady I say

fYoC3.gif

Archived