Just uploaded a TS-9 versus DM-4 video - sounding pretty, pretty, pretty close

gambit

• Members

could you tell the difference blind-folded? even if the DM-4 is supposed to be modelling an 808 rather than a TS-9, they're so similar i'm not sure you could tell the difference.. especially live.. :idk:

[video=youtube;aJ5MbfTCii0]

Squier Mascis Jazzmaster > TS-9 > DM-4 > Peavey Delta Blues 115 mic'd with a T.Bone RB100 ribbon mic

The DM-4's mid knob acts like a Tubescreamer's tone control. plus you have Bass and Treble which are neutral at 12 o'clock setting then boost/cut as your turn them.

• Members

The Line 6 dirt box models don't get much love, but the few I've been able to A/B to the real thing (the TS, Rat and Colorsound fuzz models) have been dead on (though the fuzz does not respond to the guitar's volume knob like the real thing does).

• Members

I listened to it blind. I started the video and switched to a different web page so I couldn't see which pedal you were using. I could not tell the differences between the "modeled" TS and the actual TS. They don't sound identical, but you definitely cannot tell which is the real one.

I will say this, I'm not a tweaker when it comes to gear, so the idea of the DM4 is too much for me. If I can't find a sound I like in under 60 seconds, I'm not interested. That's just the way I am. So for actual use and play, I choose the TS9 all the way.

Archived