A message from Bobby D

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bobby D never considered himself cheated FYI, he traded his strat for a Buddy Guy polka dot that he later sold to the hard rock. He's had wonderful memories about that trade that is until Buddy Guy told his side of the story in a guitar magazine. All in all drugs had nothing to do with it.

• Members

Bobby D never considered himself cheated FYI, he traded his strat for a Buddy Guy polka dot that he later sold to the hard rock. He's had wonderful memories about that trade that is until Buddy Guy told his side of the story in a guitar magazine. All in all drugs had nothing to do with it.

That's awesome! He should just let it go then. WFT should Buddy Guy give him anything.

• Members

Out of curiosity, what was Buddy Guy's version of the story and why did Bobby D take issue with it?

• Members

Out of curiosity, what was Buddy Guy's version of the story and why did Bobby D take issue with it?

Basically Bobby didn't want to trade it so Buddy Guy kept pouring him shots of Remy and bothering him about it until he agreed.

He's not your Buddy, Guy.

• Members

This was the reason Bobby was a little upset. It was because Buddy Guy got interviewed and he made out he fooled a dumb kid out of a nice guitar by getting him drunk and basically called him stupid.

Bobby D's side of the story was that he was hanging out with his hero and Buddy Guy was all "man I had a strat like that, what I'd do to get another like it" and Bobby D gave it up to help his hero out. Later when he read the interview, naturally he felt a bit hurt.

• Members

This was the reason Bobby was a little upset. It was because Buddy Guy got interviewed and he made out he fooled a dumb kid out of a nice guitar by getting him drunk and basically called him stupid.

Bobby D's side of the story was that he was hanging out with his hero and Buddy Guy was all "man I had a strat like that, what I'd do to get another like it" and Bobby D gave it up to help his hero out. Later when he read the interview, naturally he felt a bit hurt.

That is pretty {censored}ty and I can definitely see why he was upset. I am assuming that we are talking about that seafoam green strat that Bobby was always playing in the demos and really loved.

• Members

HA!

That is pretty {censored}ty and I can definitely see why he was upset. I am assuming that we are talking about that seafoam green strat that Bobby was always playing in the demos and really loved.

If I remember correctly it was a Sunburst '57

• Members

Nobody had a gun to his head to take a shot. It's a bad trade, we have all made them.

The guy should just move on and maybe blame himself for drinking rather then blaming someone for "forcing" him to drink or do a trade.

Not saying he is a bad guy or not cool but take responsibility for your actions.

• Members

Imagine yourself having this "great bluesman guitar story" to tell your guitar buddies. You tell this story for years, basking in the glory of your coolness. Then one day the bluesman tells the story in a way that makes you out to look like a fool. Wouldn'tya be a little butthurt?

• Members

Imagine yourself having this "great bluesman guitar story" to tell your guitar buddies. You tell this story for years, basking in the glory of your coolness. Then one day the bluesman tells the story in a way that makes you out to look like a fool. Wouldn'tya be a little butthurt?

No. I played three shows with Bo Didley. He made me introduce him as "The Maginficent Bo Didley" I was 16 years old and he was cool and he signed the guard from my Les Paul and was cool - good stories.

I played behind Chuck Berry in a pick up band when I was 20 or 21. He was cool and let me play a lot and at first was an a-hole then at the end of the night told me I could play.

Those are good stories and I was smart enough not to get loaded and do a stupid trade. if I had I would not (as a grown man with dignity) be crying about it.

End of story.

Of course, weak addicts like to blame everyone else for their problems except themselves. I would rather see Buddy Guy throw tht guitar oversees in the middle of the ocean or smash it then return it to a weak person who just cries about a decision made of their own free will.

Good for Buddy Guy. I'm just glad the guitar is in a real man's hands.

This guy could learn something from Kurt Cobian - it's better to burn out then to end up a baby crying about what you willingly did.

• Members

No. I played three shows with Bo Didley. He made me introduce him as "The Maginficent Bo Didley" I was 16 years old and he was cool and he signed the guard from my Les Paul and was cool - good stories.

I played behind Chuck Berry in a pick up band when I was 20 or 21. He was cool and let me play a lot and at first was an a-hole then at the end of the night told me I could play.

Those are good stories and I was smart enough not to get loaded and do a stupid trade. if I had I would not (as a grown man with dignity) be crying about it.

End of story.

Of course, weak addicts like to blame everyone else for their problems except themselves. I would rather see Buddy Guy throw tht guitar oversees in the middle of the ocean or smash it then return it to a weak person who just cries about a decision made of their own free will.

Good for Buddy Guy. I'm just glad the guitar is in a real man's hands.

This guy could learn something from Kurt Cobian - it's better to burn out then to end up a baby crying about what you willingly did.

:facepalm:

Bobby D got drunk while hanging out with Buddy Guy. Hell Buddy Guy was the one pouring him the drinks, they were hanging out, it wasn't just like Bobby D turned up wasted with a bottle in his hand.

And also, this DOES NOT make him a drug addict.

What the {censored} is wrong with you.

Bobby D was only upset about Buddy Guy effectively calling him a dumb kid.

I'd awestruck you still haven't grasped what this is about.

Archived