OT: Anybody live in western Michigan? I gots questions.

SonicVI

• Members

Heh, I am not a tailgater. I hate that so much. I'm not worried about driving in a little snow or ice. I just was concerned there could be a lot of snow already before I leave in December and it doesn't sound like it will be a problem. Thanks for all the info guys, it's eased my mind quite a bit.

• Members

I'll actually be in Big Rapids.

Going to Ferris? GF daughter just graduated.

These posts are freaking me out. Good tires, drive slow, keep boots and coats and gloves/ blanket in he car. Grand Rapids has so much vibe going lately, you will dig it, and the beer is plentiful and excellent. If you get the chance, get thee to no Mich and get a snowmobile rental in, or get to the U.P. during the fall color change. It is amazing up there.

• Members

Michigan weather is so weird. I remember one particular day a few months ago, I was wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts comfortably, and then the temperature dropped and we got snow later that day. I have lived in Ann Arbor and Petoskey, and will be living in Marquette in the fall.

Our four seasons: June, July, August and Winter.

• Members

as a former michigander you'll be fine. just drive slow and carefully. watch for icy patches. the big roads and highways get ploughed fine unless you will happen to be driving in literally one of the worst snow storms of the yaer, which is unlikely

• Members

Really? Kick ass. You need to know that fairly near will be Eldery Instruments of Lansing

^this - less than an hour south of BRapids

http://elderly.com/search/elderly?terms=gypsy+guitar

quite possibly the finest acoustic shop in the nation, certainly the top "folk" instrument store in the country and an excellent source for choice fenders

Archived