Tremolo and the Flint

• Members

I seem to remember there was another one that worked this way. But basically the idea was you'd have some conductive fluid in a jar and when it tipped a certain way it would short the signal to ground and unshort the signal when it tipped the other way. Neat idea.

• Members

As a Tremolo and Reverb addict I might give the Flint a try someday but for now I am more then happy with the Malekko Trem and Spring Chicken combo.

Yeah it's not exactly a bad combo you have there.

• Members

Demeter argues their trem is voiced after Brown Fender and not Blackface. I disagree, but that is their assertion.

Me?

I bought one of these for less than $400 in the early days of eBay (everyone else was more interested in the Fender Reverb RI from the same seller). And when i say early days of eBay, I mean back when seller's added the disclaimer that the auction would be extended 24 hours if the server crashed during the last few hours of the auction...."the" server.

diaz_Vibramute.jpgdiaz_vibramaster_ad.jpg

Tube Reverb, Tube Harmonic Vibrato, Tube Bias-Vary Tremolo, and Tube Boost all in one box. Handy, but I had to had some nails to keep the front panel from falling off and no "opto-bug" tremolo (which is actually my favorite), but I'll have to live with it.

• Members

That head looks awesome.

I ordered a Flint right way as I don't have a reverb at all at the moment and the reverbs in it sound better to me than any of the other options. I'm pretty picky about reverb, actually. The space really didn't do it for me, but I did like its trem/verb combo setting so...well here we are for less money and better sounds.

Archived