Which of these vintage keyboards is a better deal?

• Members

So I've got a lead on 2 keyboards.....which would you say is a better deal?

Rhodes Mark II with legs for $500 plus my Blackout Effectors Fixd Fuzz Deluxe

Or

Vox Jaguar Organ with no legs (I have a keyboard stand for it) for $525

These are the best offers I've had....what say you?

Both are about 2 hours away....could get them to meet me half way.

• Members

I'm gonna be a party spoiler and say get a Nord. Digital but damn it does some good emulations.

If not, I'd say maybe rhodes. A guy I used to do sound for recreated the sound of the vox on a korg r3. He is good and managed to recreate most of the sound via programming it into it so it's possible to recreate that.

Vox

but then again, I already have an RMI

I'm extremely jealous! I've been trying to suggest to sample companies and sound developers that the world really doesn't need another Rhodes or Wurli patch (at least not now that we have Velvet, which nails both IMO), but we sure could use more alternative EP sounds - RMI, Hohner Pianet C and Pianet T (they sound different), CP70, etc.

• Members

I'm extremely jealous! I've been trying to suggest to sample companies and sound developers that the world really doesn't need another Rhodes or Wurli patch (at least not now that we have Velvet, which nails both IMO), but we sure could use more alternative EP sounds - RMI, Hohner Pianet C and Pianet T (they sound different), CP70, etc.

Don't be too jealous. Mine currently has a box-elder bug infestation....not sure how they found there way into it...they are gumming up the works. I need to spend an afternoon and completely disassemble/clean it.

I'm actually the second person I know of who has one.... a friend on TX (you may remeber him as vicshat) just found one on CL last week. I can't wait to hear Corbin's RMI showing up on his music...check out the bands Forever and Everest, and/or Ella Minnow. Now, toss in a few RMI bits.

...btw, mine was a $75 find at the Goodwill store....it's ok to be jealous now.

Archived