NPD - Echobox vs Ghost Disaster clips

t-rey

• Members

f9fc575e.jpg

Just got an Echobox to see if it could best my Ghost Disaster (and since I haven't gotten any new pedulz in a while). So far I really, really like this thing. Definitely brighter/cleaner/clearer/whatever then the Ghost Disaster. The repeats are nice and clear at first, then fade out in a pleasant way. Add in some modulation and it's all murky and pretty sounding. I've had a couple of modulated delays (Disaster Transport, Carbon Copy, SMMh) and this is seriously the first time I have found modulated delay that sounds good to me.

Here's a quick clip I did comparing the two. There is no modulation on the Echobox parts and no reverb on the Ghost Disaster parts. I didn't dial them in to sound as close as possible, I just left them set where they were after jamming on both of them last night. Rig was SG classic - pedulz - JCA22h - Marshall 2x12 with 75w Celestions. Recorded with a Rockband mic straight in to Audacity. I make no apologies for sloppy playing and general laziness.

I don't know if you guys wanted to guess which is which, so it's not labeled. But if that's lame I will post which is which.

http://soundcloud.com/t-rey/ghost-disaster-vs-echobox

• Members

f9fc575e.jpg

Just got an Echobox to see if it could best my Ghost Disaster (and since I haven't gotten any new pedulz in a while). So far I really, really like this thing. Definitely brighter/cleaner/clearer/whatever then the Ghost Disaster. The repeats are nice and clear at first, then fade out in a pleasant way. Add in some modulation and it's all murky and pretty sounding. I've had a couple of modulated delays (Disaster Transport, Carbon Copy, SMMh) and this is seriously the first time I have found modulated delay that sounds good to me.

Here's a quick clip I did comparing the two. There is no modulation on the Echobox parts and no reverb on the Ghost Disaster parts. I didn't dial them in to sound as close as possible, I just left them set where they were after jamming on both of them last night. Rig was SG classic - pedulz - JCA22h - Marshall 2x12 with 75w Celestions. Recorded with a Rockband mic straight in to Audacity. I make no apologies for sloppy playing and general laziness.

I don't know if you guys wanted to guess which is which, so it's not labeled. But if that's lame I will post which is which.

http://soundcloud.com/t-rey/ghost-disaster-vs-echobox

If you ever decide to let go of the Tremolessence please consider me first.

• Members

Glad you're liking it! It is a pretty neat pedal. My guess is the second riff of each is the Echobox

Indeed, it is a box full of win. And you are correct about which is which, but that might be like cheating since it used to be yours :lol:

Still not sure which I like better...but it is pretty neat having another delay around after a couple of years of just having the Ghost Disaster.

• Members

Always wanted to try out the Echobox. Seems like a great pedal. If it had tap, it would be close to perfect for my needs. Not that I really need tap, but it is a nice feature. Or an external tap option maybe.

I saw on TGP there is a new "echo" in the works, but I didn't see any mention of it on Brian's site. Any more info?

• Members

Always wanted to try out the Echobox. Seems like a great pedal. If it had tap, it would be close to perfect for my needs. Not that I really need tap, but it is a nice feature. Or an external tap option maybe.

I saw on TGP there is a new "echo" in the works, but I didn't see any mention of it on Brian's site. Any more info?

I saw that as well - couldn't find any other info on it though.

Archived