latest Klon news

• Members

That'd make a great Klone graphic.

(ITS PERFECT FOR YOU)

I would actually consider buying one if it was $250>

I feel sorry for Bill actually. At one point in one of the NAMM videos, he said the whole Klon thing was so intense it was 'ruining his life'.

• Members

I spoke to Bill a little while ago because he did a repair on one of my Klon pedals. Great guy, I have known him casually for about 18 years. If I were him I would jack up the price from what he's selling them at.

• Members

selling overpriced pedals that are in demand is a real tough gig

Meh. I met him because I worked in a store in 94 when I was going to Berklee. He used to sell the Klon at our shop and would bring them in himself. Nice guy.

• Members

selling overpriced pedals that are in demand is a real tough gig

I don't think it's overpriced at all. It's the lame-os selling it for sick money on e-bay who are to blame. I think I got mine for about $245.00 shipped. People pay that for other pedals all of the time.

• Members

I spoke to Bill a little while ago because he did a repair on one of my Klon pedals. Great guy, I have known him casually for about 18 years. If I were him I would jack up the price from what he's selling them at.

But he's not selling them.

• Members

HCFX - Hates Klon because too expensive

TGP - Loves Klon because too expensive

I'll tell you, when I went to college I worked in a guitar store. It was a cool place and we sold pedals I had never even seen coming from a place where Boss, DOD, Yamaha and Peavey made most of the pedals.

First week I was there I bought the new Big Muff Pi (the green one) for $60 - this would have been 94. A few months later I bought the Klon for $239.00. Both of those were expensive for me during that time.

Come to find out they're both pretty expensive used as well.

I wouldn't pay $1000 for a Klon, although maybe I would if mine got stolen. It's not Bill's fault people will.

• Members

Ya, I bought one used a while back and he sent me a power plug for free when I asked if I could buy one from him. Very friendly guy who goes very in depth when answering any questions you've got about his product. I dunno why everyone on TGP has their panties bunched up over the whole Klon thing...

Archived